Chapter 26: The Party Pt. 2

~MICHAEL'S POV~

     By 11 pm, Jeremy was wasted.

     Like. Really wasted.

     I had never actually seen Jeremy this drunk in our many years of friendship and—well now—relationship.

     And it was hilarious.

     Jer, the shy, timid boy I once knew was gone and in his place, a fierce, dazed dancer who apparently knew every tune that was on the radio in 2011. Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, to even Justin-fucking-Bieber.

     By 11:30, he was on Chloe's back, Chloe not having any issues at all carrying his skinny frame, and swinging his legs and arms around singing incredibly loudly along to "Born This Way".

     Fitting.

     A White Claw in one hand, in his other a pork roll egg and cheese (god he's such a New Jerseyan) in the other, wrapping that arm around Chloe's torso for stability. He immediately jumps off once he sees me coming outside from the bathroom.

     I don't like staying in there very long at parties anymore.

     He leaps over to me, practically tackling, and gives me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. I giggle like a fool (of course I do). "Where'd you get the sandwich?" I have to practically scream at him over the music.

     "I-" He stops. Looks at the half-eaten thing. Looks back up, "honestly, I couldn't tell ya."

     I nod and chuckle. I take a hit from my pen and blow it away from Jer's face. "You know I'm not letting you drive home tonight, right?" He shakes his head violently up and down. God, I love my life.

     The rest of the night is a cloud of me getting way too high and Jer getting way too drunk and somewhere in the mess we all sing to "La Vie Boheme" from our show. Why hadn't I gotten into theatre earlier? These people bring me so much joy and I couldn't be happier. Jeremy shouts at the lyric "bisexuals" and I shout at "men, Pee Wee Herman," pointing at Jer during the last part (I mean you can't tell me I'm wrong).

     The cloud after the song is filled with laughter and more singing and more dancing and it all being coated in red white and blue and it's the most fun I've ever had in my entire life.

     By 2am, we're all back inside the house, Christine and Jenna already passed out cuddling on the floor and Rich finishing off the Doritos with Jake, flirting all the while. I move Jer upstairs to a guest room and lay him down. He starts to grab me by the collar of my shirt and kiss him passionately. I melt into it and return it back. By the time we break, we're panting for air.

     He looks into my eyes with a new fire "god I want you."

     I burst out a small chuckle "Yeah, bud. Sure but not when you're drunk."

     He looks up at me with a begging look, but I press on that he's drunk and it would be 100% wrong of me to take advantage of him while he's in such a state. And to be honest, I am terribly tired and just want to hold him and pass out. He pouts but agrees and lays on top of me, humming to "I'll Cover You". It's truly the best lullaby and puts me to sleep as soon as I lay down.

~JEREMY'S POV~

     I don't really remember much of anything from the party once I get to the guest room, but I begin to hum "I'll Cover You," which I guess is what you could call me and Mikey's song. As I begin to stop humming, I take a look at him while he sleeps. His mouth a little wide (mouth breather) and his curls gently falling over his forehead. I push them away to plant a small kiss on his forehead. I genuinely care for him more than I've cared for anyone.

     And I love him.

~^*^~
Hi.
I... am so sorry.
I'm going to stop making promises saying that I'll be able to finish this or update quickly. I feel terrible for being unable to keep it. My life has been very rough this year, I'm sure as it has for all of us. I'm glad for everyone who will continue to read. I think there should only be a few chapters left and I'm really hoping everyone still loves this as much as I do and did. This book was a passion project when I was a freshman in high school with no friends and no one to talk to—so I relied on musicals to speak to me instead. BMC saved me and this was my thank you.
I'm going to finish my thank you. I'm not sure how long it's going to take, but I promise it will be done.
Thank you for those who are still loyal to the story and the newcomers. I love you all.
Sincerely,
Symphony