I sighed, poking at the steak with my fork. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be here. I muttered in my head.

"Connor, eat your food. It's going to get cold." My mom says.

I glare up at her, "Fu-" then I remember Evan's still here. "... Fine."

"Wait... did.. was he about to say fuck you.. but then said... fine?" Zoe asked, shocked.

"Yes I did, now shut up." I growl lowly, taking a bite.

"Wow." She huffs out, leaning back in her chair, still shocked.

"Oh Evan, what happened to your arm? I didn't notice it before." Mom smiled at him.

"Oh.. I um kinda fell out of a 40 foot tall tree.. over the summer.." he says, looking down at his cast.

He never told me it was that high..

"Oh sweetie I'm so sorry, .. is that.. Connor's name?" She asks, peering at my largely written name.

"Uh.. yeah.. he signed it earlier today at school." Evan says, voice gaining confidence.

I smile at him, and remember that. Woah I acted like an asshole.. and yet... he is still hanging out with me.. Even though I pushed him? Yelled at him? Guess he must really like me, I mean as a friend.

"You did?" My dad gave me a questioning look.

"Duh, are you blind? That's my name, Connor.
C-o-n-n-o-r, Connor." I say, grinning at his annoyed face.

"I know how to spell your name."

"Huh, I thought you didn't. 'Cause you obviously had to ask me if that was my name." I smirk, taking a bite of steak.

He growled, holding the fork very harshly in his hand against the table. My reply was a nice big grin, until I felt a light slap on my shoulder.

"Be nice to your dad, he was just- uh asking... a question.." he says, voice getting nervous when I looked at him.

"A stupid question." I scoff, looking back at my food.

"Connor." He says in the just-listen-to-me-you-idiot, voice that moms use a lot.

"What?" I mumble, eating a bite.

"Y-your not gonna have him for forever... Nothing ever lasts. Enjoy the time you have with him.." Evan says, quickly looking down and his hands.

I stare at him, no one was talking, I'm sure the others looking at him. Evan, completely red, slowly looks up at us.

"D-did I say something..?" He quietly asks, trembling slightly.

"Oh Evan. You didn't say anything wrong dear." My mom says, so nicely.

I smile slightly, placing my hand on his shoulder. He quickly looks at me then looks at my hand. "Thanks." He murmurs, smiling a little at my hand.

"No problem." I mutter back, smiling a little.

He looks back to his food. Everyone staring at him for a little before continuing to eat. I quickly stand up.

"Okay, I'm done. Not hungry. Don't question, I'm fine." I say, taking my plate to the kitchen and setting it down. Walking over to the fridge I open it and see the carton of milk, and pull it out.

I silently walk back to the dinning table and open the milk, drinking from the carton.

"Ahh I se- Connor don't drink from the carton." My mom scolds.

I continue to drink out of it, stopping to breathe and walk behind Evan's chair, looking over his shoulder at his almost gone food.

"Ya done?" I ask, looking to the side at him.

He blushed deep red, "..U-uh yeah, I'm ..full."

"Okay. We're going back upstairs." I say, looking back at my mom.

"Try not to smoke honey." She says in reply.

"No promises."

I put the carton back to my mouth and drank the rest, closing it, then setting the empty milk carton on the table.

"Mom, Connor finished the milk." Zoe said, whining a little.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Evan, motioning for him to follow me. He nods and stands up, looking at my mom and dad.

"Thank you so much for dinner, it was delicious." He says quietly.

"C'mon." I say, ushering him to come.

"Okay okay, I'm coming." He says, pushing in his chair and taking the plate to the kitchen and then finally following me up the stairs.

~~~

Comment what you think so far! :)

~Fro