Ten

"Two cups, toast up with the gang
From food stamps to a whole 'nother domain." - Future.

Vanessa was shocked. She stared at the positive pregnancy test for 10 minutes. She threw it at the wall causing it to break in half. She knew for a fact it was Mack's baby and the crazy thing about it he was on the run from the cops and Caleb was coming back.

She put her slides on and walked outside her apartment door to be face to face with a Detective Emily. Emily knew exactly who Vanessa was and knew that she was a close friend to Mack. "Can I help you?" Vanessa asked. She sized Emily up and folded her arms.

Emily showed her badge. "I'm Detective Emily Benson, I just have to ask you a couple of questions about your friend Mack, we know he didn't shoot the policemen, he was just covering up for Diva. If you can get in contact with him, please don't hesitate to give me a call." Emily said waking away. 

Vanessa didn't know if she should believe it or not. She knew for the news that the witness saw a woman pull the trigger. Vanessa eye the detective as she pulled off. She step back in the house and grabbed her phone to call Drew. She knew Drew's cousin was close to Mack and she could be able to relay the message letting him know that she pregnant and that he doesn't have to be on the run anymore. She calls Drew and Drew agreed to link up with her.

Drew was sitting inside Starbucks waiting for Vanessa. It sounded urge so she was gonna be prepare for the worst. A couple minutes went by and Vanessa finally was sitting in-front of  Drew.

"So girl, what's going on?" Drew asked eyeing her.

Vanessa took her shades off and place them on the table. "I'm pregnant." She said. Drew eyed her, she knew it wasn't her boyfriend's kid. Nigga been out of the country for like a year or so.

"Girl by whoooo?" Drew asked. She was all tuned in now.

"Mack." Nessa said. Drew spit got caught in her throat. How in the hell did that happen.

"Are you serious? Are you gonna keep it? When?" Drew rushed out saying.

"Yes and of course. I think it was that same night he went to that club and all that shit happen. That's why I called you. I need you to talk to Rage to get in contact with him. Some lady came to my house and she said that they Mack didn't do it, if he come in and said That chick did it, he would be free." Vanessa said. 

"You want me to do what?" Drew asked. "You want me to help you get them caught up? Is that what it is?" Drew said.

Vanessa rolled her eyes. She didn't care how Drew did it. She needed Mack in her life, in her child's life.

"Drew, the cop said-."

"I know what they said. She only told you that so they can come and they can put them behind bars. Nessa I knew you was dumb but I didn't know you were stupid and as far as I know I doubt that's Mack's baby. New flash honey. You gets around." Drew said leaving Vanessa shit faced. Drew jumped in her ride and text her cousin, she wanted to know if they were straight. They been gone for a month now and the police are still hunting them down like deers.

Vanessa watched as Drew left and got up. She couldn't believe Drew. After all them years of boosting and shit she gonna turn her back on her because of that lil bitch Diva. Vanessa got in her car and made her way back home. She spotted a black suv in her driveway. She got out her car and open her front door to be face to face was Caleb. "You miss me?" Caleb asked. He was so happy to see her, Vanessa on the other hand wish he could go back. She didn't love him anymore, she loved Mack.

"Of course." Vanessa said running up and hugging him. She knew she had to get Mack's attention face. Her belly gonna be getting big and Caleb gonna know it's not his.