Chapter 18 -- Coup de pied

Magsimula sa umpisa

The first set was taken by Travis and Ted, the second was by Darren and Adrian. By third and fourth sets, they were tie.

Instantaneously the men began to hurl savage, powerful smashes and spikes at the other. They were both very strong and flexible and could use their legs equally as well as their fists.

The hours clipped by, and every once in a while, The battle was not with Ted and Travis versus Adrian and Darren. All the rally of the volleyball came between Travis and Darren alone.

The fight was viscous as both men were battling for something that was very primal to any man; I also get the feeling, by the looks and sweats Travis shred, that he is pretty frustrated sometimes because he struggled hitting the ball in a straight line- to a person. Each man froze as they glared at one another with complete contempt.

It was not over just as quick as it started. I could only watch as the men used every bit of strength to be victorious. Things got really quiet, save for some lingering shouts and ball smash coming from two different courts. I watched as the men used every bit of strength to be victorious.

The sudden outburst startled me. I felt my heartbeat quicken against my chest, as well as heat increasing from my face. I held my breath in shock as I heard a loud smash. Slowly expelling air from my lungs, I glanced at Travis who was breathing hard, and then eyes rose to meet Darren's.

"Darren!" It was more of a call of panic, than a beckoning one when the ball smashes to Darren's face from Travis' spike. He collapsed to the ground but didn't rise. I stood up immediately; greatly concerned for him. I rushed to his side and moved my hands up to touch Darren's face whose nose was bleeding

Just before I do something, Liz came to the picture. I was pleasantly surprised when Liz helped Darren up from the sand. With an ice wrapped around the towel, She laid Darren down the lounge chair (With the help of Teddy and Adrian) and started pressing it gently on his nose.

I gasped even before I could dart my attention to Travis, he quickly excused himself and headed to the rented cabin without backward glance

"Get me more Ice" Liz said. She gave me a look and later, I heard her clear her throat nervously behind her and I immediately stood up and went my way back to the cabin only to find Travis in the Kitchen with it

I walked on. I stood on the stairs, looking down at him. I stepped down into the room and walked over to him. Now he towered over me.

There was an awkward pause, as we both decided what to say next. Travis took a step closer and looked over my body which made me tensed a little which made me looked down on what I was wearing. It was yellow summer dress with two very thin straps that looped about my shoulders to give anyone enough glimpse of my bikini top.

I have to admit, Travis looked so good. Travis is maintaining a tense distance. His eyes I read hesitance, second thoughts, and disbelief. Surprised, I note his uneven breath and checking my own, I am embarrassed to find that we match.

"Figured out Darren might need this"

I grabbed on the icepack he had in his hand and looked into his eyes. I could see an impish grin. Something was about to happen. It always did when I got that look. I felt unnatural, haunted by memories of a young love that had never been consummated, almost obsessed with my past with Travis.

The passion was there but not the energy and fire. Our feelings for each other are special but sometimes love is enough when the flesh is weary.