Chapter 17 --- Chassé

Chassé

a gliding step in dancing in which one foot displaces the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this all sounds cynical but life isn't a bed of roses. Isn't it just better to call it quits before things get too hard and your heart gets broken. Mediocrity isn't that bad. And it's not in fact better to have loved and lost, than to not to have loved at all. We need to stop believing all these silly quotations.

The reality is that one will, one way or the other, lose. It might bring you down and lose miserably with creased hands, a few more worry lines, and in the end, a broken spirit. That could happen. It is a possibility one must be willing to accept

But what if we kept fighting? And what if all that fighting, and modifying situations, and risking your heart all over again, led to something? What if that nothing led you into something you really crave for? What if this belief kept you going and eventually you went to that promised place – that promised place of success? What if, after everything, you finally won?

It would all have been worth it. And I'd bet anyone would go through twice the pain to get to that place. But this place is every bit as real as it is imaginary. Everyone thinks the glory is in this place but as those who did their very best and failed will tell you: The glory was always in the process; the outcome only makes it sweeter.

Scars are better than thin skin. I could've given up and never know who I might have been but I refuse. And that I decided, I am going to put my heart to it and risk it if I must

"At the end of this, you'll get him, I'll get Liz"

I kept watching Liz's moves after what Darren told me. I didn't notice this before but indeed, he was right. Lizelle could be really stubborn at times, most especially when she thinks she's doing the right thing. She'll choose it even if it means it'll hurt people because she would always believe in doing right is always an act of love.

Foolish I know but maybe that made Darren fall for her harder. The decisions she makes today, compromise of what woman she is tomorrow but I really need to see it myself. I need to test the waters

"Sounds cliché and overrated but" Dennis began after looking at Tippy(Adrian's stepsister)'s Debut Pictorial, on Adrian's iPad. He began swiping the screen to scan for more and I couldn't put the words to begin how beautiful Tippy is, now that she's a fully grown woman "Really, time flies so fast. Look at Tippy, magdedebut na siya. She's like.. forever 12 years-old to me" He said and handled the iPad to Adrian

"Yeah it's crazy" He said looking at the pictures one more time. He tossed his iPad on the table and ran his hands at the back of his neck "Whenever I think about it and here we are getting older each day" He sighed

"Stop choking the chicken at magasawa ka na kasi, Ade " Ted uttered as he grabbed the iPad on the table and started swiping the screen

From what I've know Adrian since we were kids, It wasn't that Adrian wanted to get married. I'm certain he just wanted to fall in love. Could that really be possible? He had a reputation for being the playboy, but he'd earned that by exclusively dating btches, most of them cheerleading-brats, for the first three years of high school.

Adrian admitted he was picky. That was a good thing, in my opinion. And Adrian didn't mind seeming rude for dropping dates so quickly. Why keep them on the line if he knew it was never going to go anywhere? Adrian thought that was rude.

"Buzz off, Ted" Adrian scoffed "Pagaasawa madali lang. It's finding the right girl that's pretty hard"

"Of course, It'll be hard for you Adrian." Elaine sat right next to Ted after she laid out some more drinks and finger foods on the coffee table "You keep on looking at a wrong place you know"