Toxic Tears :Chapter 21

Turning on a very dark and dim route ,"I hope you don't mind". Peering back at Alexander who had his eyes on the road ,trying to multi task by constantly attempting to look in my direction. Coming to a stop  on top of what appeared to be a high view point of the distant city. At this point I felt ease settle into my body ,feeling a bit ridiculous of not have trusted Alexander for awhile. "I knew that you were a bit scared" ,Alexander chuckled "It was a bit funny".
"I wasn't scared who said that?" "Did I say that?",I argued, "You definitely were". We laughed as I rolled my eyes ,being thankful that we were in the dark ;to hide from exposing my blushing.
After awhile of getting caught up in the moment from viewing the beautiful city lights from afar; listening to some soft ,romantic songs. Completely zoned out in his ocean eyes ,shinning along with the stars, catching all senses I slowly pulled out my phone to snap a picture , "Wooo!!" We shouted as the flash went off. Making sure the picture showed up I felt Alexander's face lean up against my temple. Slowly and steadily trying to sneak a peek of what he was doing ,I met up with his eyes at the end of my nose; so close that I could feel his breath hitting my chest. Feeling the intimacy rise ,quickly in a breeze I pulled away. He began a conversation ,I followed pushing away the thought of regret.
"Want to sit on the front of the car?" Alexander asked as his hand was already placed on the door handle. Agreeing I nodded seemingly urging the stressful feelings on what actions to make.
After what seemed ages of staring out into the abyss of stars splattered extended across the pitch black sky. Along with battling with my emotions ,his eyes ,our silent glances and scenery.
We decided to head out back to my place ,conversing making our way down the hall. Reaching my door, "Thank you, for taking me out..." I fumbled around with my keys , "On this date". Cheeks burning up ,anticipating the wish of Alexander from noticing.
"Thanks for everything", I finished , "No problem". Creeping up fairly close to the point of almost pinning me up against the door. I shrank down a bit , "Glad you enjoyed it Ava ,I'll be going now goodnight and have sweet-dreams". Gaining my posture back , "Goodnight sweet dreams" I smiled; admiring every inch of his addicting face.
Finally closing the door behind me, smacking my back against the door. Sighing, "Why can't I be near him without feeling intimacy?"
Steven's P.O.V
Plates clashing against each other, "Oh sweetie you haven't ate your peas", "They'll be eaten!"
"Oh...Hanna" ,"Mom!" Steven shouted impatiently, Hanna completely distraught immediately glanced over at him. "I just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving out soon" ,Hanna and her husband both gasped, "Since I'm looking". "Hun why?" ,Hanna desperately wondered. "I'm getting old I need to move on, make a life.I thought I should let you know since I've been looking for awhile now" Hanna's heartbroken eyes kept hold on Steven, "Oh baby boy I'm going to miss you around here". Her glassy eyes stared at Stevens's as he held her arm.
Back to my P.O.V
Evening rolled by ,I figured after my phone went off ;plotting my hand on the sheets in search of my phone. Pressing my phone against my ear hearing Alexander's voice flow through. "Are you coming through?"
"What time is it?" Glancing at 11:46, "Omg it's late, yeah I'll be on my way!" Rapidly hanging up then jumping out from under the sheets ,tossing my phone on the bed.
Later arriving at Alexander's office ,proceeding knocks on the hardwood door. "Hi Ava", Alexander greeted me with his beautiful intoxicating smile that I couldn't get enough of. "Hi Alexander",
"Come in" ,he held the door open. "I got a new mission for you"
"Awe really?", intently listening; "For you and your new partner". Capturing the words as they made their way through my ears I cringed a bit inside but felt a bit of excitement.
"She's on her way, so you basically made it in on time", Alexander kept his gaze on me, "Oh wonderful" I grinned ,crossing my arms over my chest.
While we waited I decided to sit down on his leather couch, "Have you heard from Hanna?" I Curiously questioned feeling a bit tense about the situation. "Yeah that's settled, have you heard about the girl you saved?" Alexander focused on his phone, "Nope. Wouldn't you hear from-" ,Alexander cut me off. "Would you like to hear from her?"
"Sure why not?"
"She's going to some domestic violence therapy"
"That's good hopefully she progresses from those awful ,traumatizing flashbacks"
Alexander returned an agreeing look, about to speak again when a slight gentle knock interrupted my thoughts.
"Hello Adalyn" ,Alexander said full of enthusiasm, greeting the new girl. She walked in a short thin girl, with black silky hair. By the way her eyes were snapped and her image she seemed mixed ethnicity. Skimming the office ,her eyes finally landing on me catching a quick glimpse before she lingered in. Alexander extended his arm out, introducing me with a beatific smile to go along with his tone.
"Hi I'm Ava", I greeted her handing her out my hand for a shake. "Hi I'm Adalyn", exchanging smiles while she shook my hand. "So you want to go grab a cold drink?", "Sounds about right" Adalyn agreed giving me another cheeky smile. Which I returned feeling completely unbothered.
Steven's P.O.V
"Oh hi honey how'd it go?" ,Hanna swiftly bolted from the living room. Steven focused on closing the door, "The job? Good as usual."
Just as Hanna was about to speak Steven rapidly interrupted, "I got the job!"
"Oh Steven my baby! That's great!" ,gripping Steven's waist pulling him in for a hug.
When suddenly Hanna noticed someone beside them, "Oh hi, Steven this is Eliza your step sister. She's going to be staying with us for awhile"
Steven glanced over at Eliza who stood still staring back him, fluttering her long lashes. Her bronzed brown eyes glistened, she flashed a grin. Steven smiled.
Back to my P.O.V
"So how's this job?", Adalyn questioned ;taking a sip from her drink. "Pretty good you just have to be available at all hours which is a bit of the down side", I added. "Has there been difficult parts?", she pushed. "No but you'll get plenty of adrenaline in your sips of coffee" I cringed as the words slipped away, she kind of eyed me then looked around in the distance. "I honestly don't think I'll have a problem with it." Before I could reply I was disrupted by an unfamiliar raspy voice, "Hello little ladies" with a mischievous tone in his words. We both jolted glancing over at what seemed to be a dude in his early 30's ,jaggedly dressed, unpleasant odor & appearance. His eyes stacked on Adalyn as he spoke, "Hello...I've heard Alexander got a new tramp to complete his idiotic ,worthless missions for you to receive your hoe money" ,leaning forward onto our table; pressing down with full aggression. Slapping a hand on the table now, adding more volume to his opinion, "His ass is going to get caught and he deserves it."
"I don't know why he's hired little hood rats like y'all" I slammed my chair back as I got up in a hurry ,now closer to him; his immense cigarette smell protruded the air. Adalyn kept her glare forward, "Hold off Ava!" She commanded, "Oh you cute little boy just looking for attention"
The more I looked at him the more furious I became, "Just give me the money or I'm calling it on" ,distracted by my own thoughts finally grabbing my attention was the noises around us. Distress grew over me viewing the people who stared passing by, "Bitch" brought me back to the argument that now was a fight, the guy swung at Adalyn. Leaning back, he barely brushed her chin, I wrinkled my forehead, "You bitch!" I called out, Adalyn threw a punch her knuckles equipped with knuckle bars. My eyes flared in shock, hitting him right on the jaw causing him to stumble back pushing over the chairs. Now bringing everyone's attention along with some police sirens, I sped over to him gripping his collar, lifting him off the ground up to my face. "Don't you ever do that ever again and leave Alexander out of it" I scoffed as saliva escaped my mouth, "Ava! The cops!" Adalyn called from behind me with tremor. I franticly eyed the streets one last time in search for the cops before making a run for the car.
After a couple of minutes of waiting around we arrived to Alexander's making sure it was safe, not drawing any trouble to him. Banging on the door still a bit shaky, Alexander's face appeared bringing my blood level down to a safer mode. His perplexed face flickered from me to Adalyn, I reviewed his face taking in every detail making me completely zoned out to the situation. The long pause of quietness brought his gaze to a more determined look now eyeing me. Along with Adalyn's gaze, blinking multiple times my mouth opened, "Some guy tried attacking us!", Alexander kept remained lost.
Settling in ,explaining the story, "By the sound of it kind of fits into the new mission I had in mind for you."
"For now stay away from him if he's seen again"
"Don't interact with him unless it's needed"
Alexander commanded as he composed himself getting up from his chair, walking over toward the kitchen stopping mid way; rubbing his scruff, as if he was lost in thought. I kept my gaze on him still admiring him every inch of the side of his face.
Steven's P.O.V
Eliza and Steven sat on the living room couch as the tv played in the background, "So have you ever been to- like a strip club?", Eliza kept it casual.
"Well I don't know the experience", Steven awkwardly laughed. Eliza pulled her legs up under her dramatically gasping, leaning towards him. "I'll take you one day, not to any random one necessarily. But to mine where I used to work."
"Uhhh I mean it's every guys dream but I kind of like someone"
"Oh but it's not like every strip club it's fancy and all you get is a lap dance...And that's it"
Eliza persuaded keeping her hold on his eyes
"Hmm.."
"Come on just give it a try. You're single or what?" Eliza pushed ,flipping her pony tail a bit with more impulse.
"It's a quiet place not library quiet but the casual normal level"
"Wait- does she like you back?"Eliza snapped
Steven struggled, "Let's discuss this some other time but for now I gotta go take a shower." Slowing pulling himself up off the couch, Eliza turned away; in annoyance trying to remain calm.
Later on Steven was lying down on his bed scrolling through social media. "Hey!", Eliza jumped right next to him, Steven caught his phone before it landed on his face. Setting it lower where the screen wasn't visible, "Oh Heyy Eliza, you caught me a bit off guard"
Eliza let out a laugh
"What have you been up to?"
"Are you bored" ,Steven said bluntly.
"Very"
Steven now sat up, "Uh would you like to do something specific?"
"No you choose", Eliza remained on her back playing with her curls.
"Hmm", Steven tucked in his lips.
Eliza sprung up now at his eye level, "Actually I'd like to get to know you"
"Let me be your princess tonight" she flung her hair side to side, winking at him.
Steven and Eliza laughed, "Get ready I guess", Steven got up waiting for her to go get dressed and ready.
Back to my P.O.V
It was the next morning after crashing from staying up past midnight, binge watching "The glass staircase", snoring, the covers half on and half off. It looked like I had fallen in the position I was in. When I heard a buzzing and repeatedly ringing coming near my right ear, my eyes slowly in glued themselves and I slowly sat up. Searching for my phone, picking it up Alexander's caller ID popped up.