Alec, catching on quickly that Magnus wanted to hear him say that he will always let Magnus lead, simply said - "Hold on to you."

After the song ended Magnus broke apart and looked at Alec. The music changed into a slow song. Everyone gathered around them.

Magnus smiled as he knelt down on one knee. Magnus reached out for Alec's hand. Taking his hand in his, his free hand swiftly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box. Deftly flipping it open, he raised it toward him.

"Alec you have made me so happy and from the moment I met you everything changed

"Alec you have made me so happy and from the moment I met you everything changed. Ever since the first time I saw you in that party, I thought "This Shadowhunter is going to change my life." The time I walked away from you in the subway, I broke my own heart and seeing you that way completely shattered it. I thought I'll be able to do it but I realised, too late that I had undeniably fallen in love with you. I can't live without you, Alexander, I just can't. I never thought I'll feel this strongly about anyone but you walked into my life and and heart and changed it all. And now, I can't even imagine myself without you. There were many in my life before you but there will be none after you. I love you and need you and I want to be with you forever" Magnus said.

"Alright you little troublemakers, help me out here." Twisting around to gaze lovingly at their sons "Go ahead, you ask him" he prodded. Covered with little glitter the top of his messy mop of brown hair to the tips of his battered black Rafael panted, trying to catch his breath. Magnus turned around to look up at the owner of the marked hand he clutched. His breath caught in his chest as his eyes met his.

Love and admiration shone in the depths of his dazzling blue eyes. Time stood still as he gazed into their future. His heart skipped a beat as his flawless smile lit up her face, cheeks flushed with the warmth of the joviality shared by them all.

"Ask me what, Magnus?" Alec asked focusing his gaze on the ring in the velvet box held in his outstretched hand.

"Will you marry Papa?" sang the Rafael and Max, now crowding around their dads.

Alec smiled. He couldn't believe that this was happening. There was a long pause. Magnus's heart thudded to hear the three lettered word. Alec was almost rendered speechless. "By the Angel! Magnus- you are my first love, my forever and always. I can't imagine anyone else with me. So, yes, Magnus Bane, I will marry you." Alec said with tears. "Yay!!!" Rafael and Max whooped and hollered, jumping around their parents. The crowd around them cheered and clapped for the newly engaged couple. Magnus slipped the ring onto Alec's ring finger his face shining with happiness. Alec pulled him to his feet and kissed him.

"I love you, Alexander, with all my heart and soul." Magnus said breaking away from the kiss. "I love you too Magnus" Alec said looking into Magnus' eyes. They then turned to look at their sons who were beaming up at them. The two boys hugged their parents.

"Dad and Papa are getting married!" Max cheered happily. Alec chuckled and carried him. Magnus did the same for Rafael. "How long had Papa asked you to keep it a secret?" Alec asked surprised. "A week" Rafael said and nodded. Alec was surprised that Max and Rafael managed to keep it a secret. Alec smiled. "I love you two so much" Alec said looking at his two sons. "And you too" Alec looked at Magnus and pecked his lips. After a little while every one came up to the newly engaged couple and congratulated them.

"I'm happy for you two" Jace said. "So everyone knew?" Alec asked as he let Max down. "Yes" Izzy said walking up behind her brother and hugged him.

"I'm really happy to see all my babies happy" Maryse said looking at Alec, Izzy and Jace. "Grandma!" Max ran up to her. Maryse opened her arms out to her grandson and picked him up. "I'm proud" Robert said joining them.

"Let's make a toast" Maryse said as she raised her champagne glass "Everyone, raise your glass and let's wish the happy couples all the best. To Magnus and Alec. Jace and Clary. Simon and Isabelle"

"Cheers" Everyone cheered as they raised their glasses with smiles on their faces.

Hey Angels! I'm so sorry that I took a long time to write this chapter. I've been so busy with school and exams. I hope you liked it. If you did click the star below to make me happy.
-Kimmy😘