Malec Proposal

Magnus was nervous. The warlock had never been nervous in his entire life until now. He had been trying to find the perfect way to propose to Alec. And after a few ideas from his Shadowhunter friends Magnus had come up with the perfect way.

Alec saw Magnus struggling to tie his tie. So he decided to help him. He walked up behind Magnus, "Come on Magnus, I know that you know how to tie a tie," he said facing the mirror. Magnus just smiled "I do but I like when you tie it for me Alexander." Alec smiled as he continued to loop the silky tie around Magnus' neck and adjusted the ends so it should come out right-then he hit a snag. Alec was finished and Magnus inspected his work and gave Alec a little smile through the mirror, "Thanks," he said turning around. Alec smiled. Magnus leaned in and pecked Alec's lips. "I'm gonna check on the kids" Alec said as he was about to leave. Magnus smiled and grabbed onto Alec's tie pulling it tightly, bringing Alec closer to him. "Magnus-" Alec started.

"Shut up," Magnus said as he lowered his lips onto Alec's kissing him softly. Alec leaned in but tried to pull away a little later but Magnus pulled him back in kissing him harder. He moved his hands up Alec's tie and loosened it to take it off, but Alec pulled away. "Magnus" he gasped catching his breath, "What?" Magnus asked confused. Alec looked at Magnus then down at his tie. Magnus rolled his eyes, "It's fine, I'll fix it later for you come on," he said walking closer to Alec. Alec chuckled shaking his head as Magnus leaned in.

........................................................................

Alec sighed as he resigned himself to his assigned table with a glass of champagne. He was exhausted helping out his siblings arrange the party. Rafael and Max were playing around. Alec made sure that he was able to see them. The party was held at the Institute with all known Shadowhunters and Downworlders gathered together to congratulate the happy couples. The Christmas-like lights were strung up on the high wooden ceiling, lighting up the room in a champagne color. Circular tables with tan tablecloths lined the outer rim of the room, with space in the middle for dancing, which many couples were taking advantage of.

A table was at the back, laden with food. At the front, the hired DJ was playing Major Minus by Coldplay, which really put a trance on the engagement party and caused people to dance even more. Clary and Jace were talking with Emma and Julian while Izzy and Simon were swaying to the music in each other's arms. Alec searched for Magnus and seen him talking to Robert and Maryse. He slowly walked towards Jace and Clary and spoke a few words before he joined Alec.

"Exhausted?" Magnus asked smiling. "No." Alec defended. Magnus laughed, his cat eyes crinkling at the corners. "Dance with me, Alexander?"

Surprise appeared on the shadowhunter's face, not sure what to do - he wanted more than anything to join Magnus in his dancing party, but he didn't know a peep about moving your body to the sound of music. That was more like Izzy's department.

Magnus, sensing Alec's trouble, smiled understandingly. "I'll lead." He said and chuckled upon hearing Alec's relieved sigh. "And later when we get home we can watch some videos on how to dance."

"Oh?" Alec looked at his lover curiously as he was pulled up from his chair and onto the dance floor. I hope I won't stomp on your feet."

"You're a Shadowhunter, I'm sure you'll be just as graceful as in fights." Magnus reassured him and warmth spread in Alec's chest.

"You think I'm graceful in fights?" Alec asked softly and the warlock looked at him amused.

"You're graceful in many things, Alec. That's why you have an awesome lover such as myself." He said and reached for a quick peck on the lips. "Hold on to me and let me lead."

"I'll always will." Alec replied breathlessly - Magnus' magic had this effect on him - and the warlock looked at him teasingly.

"Will what?"