The Only Way

When they arrived back at Magnus's apartment, both the kids were asleep. Jace sat down on the couch with Clary curled up in his lap sleeping like an angel. Simon was passed out in Izzy's arms curled into her slightly snoring. Teen Magnus walked in and went straight into his bedroom and plopped himself on the bed. Alec joined him by removing his jacket and shoes. He laid down next to Magnus. "I love you" Alec said in Magnus' ear. Magnus smiled and leaned into his boyfriend "I love you too" he said before drifting asleep.

Meanwhile Jace stood up with Clary in his arms, and said he was going to put Clary to sleep in the guest room. Izzy nodded.

When Jace got to the room he put his tiny Clary down and wrapped her up in covers after taking off her jacket and shoes. Jace was about to walk out when Clary turned. "Jace" she said. Jace walked back towards her and sat next to her in the bed stroking the hair. "Will you stay with me till I fall asleep" she asked. Jace nodded smiling. "Always" He said. Clary smiled and closed her eyes. 'Whether she is grown or even little I will always stay with Clary and you will always be my angel' Jace thought as he stroked her hair. Izzy appeared with Simon in her arms. She put him down next to Clary and wrapped him in the covers after removing his shoes.

Izzy looked at Jace and motioned him to go out of the room. Jace nodded and kissed Clary on his forehead before walking towards the exit followed by Izzy closing the door behind her. Jace looked up to see Luke. "Luke!" Jace said surprised. "Jace! Where is Alec?" Luke asked. "He's asleep" Izzy replied. "Did Jocelyn ask about anything?" Jace asked concerned. "I told her that you guys are taking a vacation" Luke said. "And did she believe you?" Izzy asked. "She did" Luke said convincing.

"I just came here to check up on you kids. How was today?" Luke asked. "One word. Exhausting" Jace as he runs his hand through his hair. "Okay..." Izzy said yawning. "I'm tired. Babysitting is more tiring than killing demons" Izzy said walking into the guest room. "It actually is" Luke said. "You kids better get some rest because tomorrow is going to be a busy day" Luke said walking towards the exit. Jace nodded "Good night Luke" Jace said. "Good night Jace. Kiss Clary goodnight for me" Luke asked opening the door. "Will do" Jace said nodding. Luke left closing the door behind him. Jace walked back into the guest room and kissed Clary good night before taking his place on the couch just like the previous night.

Jace and Izzy along with the kids woke up with a banging on the door. "By the Angel" Jace muttered while he stood up and opened the door. "Alec! What's going on?" Jace asked. "About time you woke up" Alec said. "Catarina is coming over" Alec said walking away drinking his coffee.

"Geez man you could have woke us up without the banging" Jace said as Clary and Simon ran out of the room and into the kitchen. Jace and Alec followed them. Izzy joined them. "Where's Magnus?" Izzy asked. "He's in his room resting" Alec said. Before they could ask any questions "He rested for a while but then he woke up and spent the rest of the night researching" Alec said and everyone just nodded.

They all had breakfast before Catarina finally turned up. She saw Clary and Simon and she rolled her eyes. "Where's Magnus?" She asked. "Yeah that another problem" Jace said. "What is it now?" Catarina asked as Magnus walked in. Catarina turned and gasped. "Magnus?" She added. "What the hell happened to you?" She asked. Jace, Magnus and Alec explained everything to her while Izzy was playing with Clary and Simon.

"Were you out of your mind Magnus?" Catarina asked. "I was trying to help" Magnus defended. "So we can turn them back right?" Jace asked concerned. "You guys know about runes right?" Catarina asked to which Jace and Alec nodded. "So you know that the power of the rune vanishes once it is used" Catarina said. "So you mean to tell us that we have to wait until the power is used up" Jace asked and Catarina nodded. "But this is not an ordinary rune you know?" Alec asked. "Which is what I have been researching" Magnus said as he got up to get his spell book.