Not Again

Alec, Isabelle and Jace had finally made it back to Magnus' apartment with not too much trouble. Clary and Simon were asleep on the couch while Magnus was on his bed with Alec sitting next to him playing with his hair. The only thing to do now was to wait for Magnus to wake up.

Jace and Isabelle had walked over to the kids when they heard Clary starting to stir. Jace has never really handled kids before besides occasionally Max, but overall wasn't quite sure how to handle their current situation. Isabelle bent down to Clary's height once Clary was fully awake. "Hello?" Clary asked them looking confused.

"Hi there Clary, I'm Isabelle but you can call me Izzy. Your mom and Luke asked me to watch you. I'm a family friend." Clary looked around confused for a bit a little scared and nervous. "This is Simon," Isabelle motions over to Simon who was slowly starting to wake up now. "You remember Simon, right?" Clary's eyes light up having seen her best friend and threw her arms around him causing him to wake up fully. Isabelle turned towards Jace while Clary and Simon were busy in a hug. "Jace we need to call Luke, otherwise this could go over very badly as they don't know us. They both know Luke and trust him." Jace nodded and walked off to make phone call. Isabelle looks back at the two kids. "Do you guys want to play a game?" She asked calmly. Simon looked at Isabelle for the first time.

"Who are you?" Simon asks clearly puzzled. Clary now pulled away from Simon answers for Isabelle in the most kid-like voice Isabelle could have imagined. "That Izzy, she's watching us for my mommy. She's her friend." Isabelle nodded and smiled back at the two of them.

"Do you guys want to play a game?" Isabelle asked again. Clary's eyes light up with an idea.

"Can we do a craft?" She asked hopefully. Isabelle nodded and offered a hand to each kid which Clary took eagerly now knowing she's about to do a craft. Simon was a little hesitant but took her hand after seeing Clary jump up. Isabelle helped them each into a chair in the kitchen and pulled out Clary's sketchbook from her bag before she was 'transformed' along with some coloured pencils. Isabelle flipped through the book to find a fresh book and found the sketchbook filled with pictures of Jace, Clary and Simon, Alec and Magnus, of herself and Simon, and of Luke and Jocelyn. Clary and Simon both noticed the pictures she was looking at asked "Woah... Did my mother draw those?"

Isabelle suddenly getting an idea of a way for them to trust her would be to see drawings her mother did of them, and answered. "Yes she did, she's very talented. She also told me that you love to draw and are becoming very talented too, Clary."

Clary gasped. "Did she really say that?" She asked hopefully extremely proud that her mother thought that way about her. Isabelle showed them a picture of herself with Alec and Jace that Clary drew in the sketchbook.

"That's the blond guy from before!" Clary says suddenly recognizing him. "Is he a model or something?" Just as Clary asks Jace walks into the room. She turns to him and re-asks her question. "Are you a model or something, mister?"

Jace smiles and replies with "Yes, yes I am."

"Woah that's so cool!" Both Clary and Simon exclaimed. Jace walked over besides Clary and looked at the picture in front of her of Alec, Isabelle, Magnus and himself and had a look of fake surprise.

"By the angel, did you draw this?" He asked and Clary giggled at this.

"Haha! No! My mommy did!" Jace gave Clary a side glance before speaking.

"I don't think so. I think you drew this!" Jace said before tickling her sides causing Clary to burst out into uncontrollable giggles.

Simon looked back and forth between Clary and Jace suspiciously. That's when Isabelle realized Simon was still at the age when he had his crush on Clary. Isabelle felt a tiny bit of jealously boil up inside of her but put it away and tried to ignore it.

Suddenly Alec called her and Jace into the bedroom. They raced into the bedroom to find Alec half sitting on the bed with Magnus struggling to sit up. "The kids are just happy colouring. What's happening in here?" Jace asks Alec and Magnus. Alec looks at Jace and Izzy and back at Magnus, and that's when they noticed that Magnus looked different. Younger to be exact. Around the age of fifteen.

"I'm immortal, genius." Magnus says dryly to Jace in return. "The spell or curse, or whatever it is you wanted to call it would effect someone of immortality differently." Jace and Izzy looked at each other confused.

"The rune reverts someone back to a younger age, but a younger age for someone immortal who's been alive for hundreds of years would be what exactly? Physical age? Mental age? Both? It messes around with someone's immortality and jumps around with ages. Nothing good." Alec explains with an odd look on his face. Knowing Alec her whole life, Izzy knows this is Alec trying to suppress how concern he really was for his boyfriend.

"Alexander一 I'll be fine, probably just need to whip up a spell or elixir of some sort. And same goes for those teenage-kids that we now have to watch over. Again I might add!" Magnus stated loudly before adding "And on the same note... Why the hell does this keep happening?"

"I need to make sure the kids are okay, Luke will be by soon." Jace stated ignoring Magnus' last remark. "But before I leave, remember Clary and Simon at age four doesn't know a thing about the shadow world so we just need to keep the shadow world talk to a minimum around them." Isabelle and Jace leave the room but not before seeing Alec grab hold of Magnus' hand tightly.

Jace and Izzy walks out of the main bedroom and finds that the kids are still colouring. "Jace," Izzy says getting his attention. "Like you said before, they're just mundane kids. So we need to treat them like mundane kids. It's time to mundane things." Jace groaned inwardly knowing Izzy was right. Izzy walks over to the kids.

"Hey guys!" She smiled brightly. "I was wondering what you guys want to do? Watch some TV? Go to a park? We can anything you want."

"Can we watch Disney?" Clary said excitedly. Jace caught his breath knowing he was in for a long day. "Like The Lion King? Or Peter Pan?" Simon suggested equally excited. Jace signed agreed to watch Disney movie and called Luke to tell him to pick up Clary's favourite Disney movies growing up.

"Okay so movies are on their way along with Luke." Clary's eyes went wide with excitement to see Luke.

"So care to explain what happened this time?" Luke whisper-yells at Jace as Izzy sat on the floor doing a puzzle with young Clary and Simon. "I mean I would have thought you had learnt from the first time!"

"It wasn't my fault, Luke! Clary is still getting use to this whole 'creating new runes' thing and her rune backfired." Jace hates when Luke lectures him, he always feels awkward getting lectured by his girlfriend father. Well... step-father, but Luke was more than of a dad to her than anyone else. Even her real father.

Luke signed obviously frustrated. "Let's talk to Magnus and see what he can do about this."

"Umm... Luke, about Magnus..." Luke's face filled with frustration again.

"Jace, do not tell me Magnus got turned into a child as well."

"Oh no. Nothing like that, don't worry." Jace begins. "It's something ten times worse."

OMG!!! This fanfic was #87 in Mystery/Thriller. Thank u so much.