Sizzy Proposal

Simon Lovelace was nervous. Today was the day he was planning on proposing to Izzy. He had bought the ring and gotten the approval from Maryse and Robert even though it was pretty scary. He had even talked to Jace and Alec about proposing to make sure that her brothers approved. He had it all planned out, but he was thinking about backing out. He was afraid of rejection.

Everyone said it was a good idea: Clary, Jace, Alec, Magnus, Maryse, Robert, Jocelyn, Luke; they all said she'd say yes, but Simon had his doubts. Izzy was perfect and Simon knew he didn't deserve her.

"Simon Lovelace, open this door right now!" Simon groaned, but got up from where he was lying on his bed to open the door for his best friend and parabatai.

"What do you want Clary?" Simon sighed as she shut his door behind her and sat on his bed. He leaned against the wall and raised his eyebrow.

"Jace told me that you told him that you were thinking about backing out and I am here to ensure that you don't."

"Clare, what if she says no?" Simon asked as he sat next to Clary on his bed.

"Simon" Clary's voice was gentle. "She won't say no. Can't you see she's in love with you? You've been dating for a few years! You can do this."

"Thanks Clary" Simon said as he still had his doubts, but he wasn't telling Clary this. "Okay I'm gonna go help Izzy get ready even though she doesn't need my help" Clary said which made Simon chuckle. Clary stood up and walked over to him. "There's the smile I was wanting" she said and made him smile again. She gave him a hug. "She'll say "Yes" Don't back out" she said before opening the door and walking out.

Desperately tried to explain himself to the host, ultimately failing. He could feel Isabelle's confused and expectant gaze staring into his back as she leaned up against the wall with her dark hair framing her eyes.

"I set my reservation for September fifteenth. Why am I not on the list? Can you look me up, please?" Simon pleaded.

The host rolled his eyes and tossed back a lock of black hair. "Fine." After a few clicks on the computer, he looked up with an eyebrow raised. "Your reservation is set for September fifteenth. Next year."

Simon cursed. Just his luck. The one day he was actually brave enough to propose to his gorgeous girlfriend, his reservation for the restaurant Izzy had said she always wanted to try, has been set the wrong day due to his nervousness.

He walked back to Isabelle, hands tucked in his coat pockets embarrassedly. "I'm sorry Iz," he explained. "I accidentally set the reservation for next year."

Surprisingly, she snorted with laughter, leaning down to adjust her red heels before standing up. "Of course you did. It's okay Simon. You really don't have to take me to a place like this, I don't want you to forget on spending money on important things-"

Simon gave a small smile, lacing his hand in hers. "Izzy, don't worry about that, I want to take you places. I wanted this to be nice, I mean we've been eating pretty much nothing but pizza and sandwiches whenever we get out, so at least once I wanted to treat you to a place."

Isabelle gave no answer, just laid her head on Simon's shoulder as they walked out of the restaurant into the cold night air. "We'll find somewhere else," Izzy assured him. "We can go some other time."

Simon nodded, nervously looking up at the sky. The few stars in the city shone brightly, and even though taxi cabs and cars filled up most of the sound, it was somewhat quiet and peaceful just walking down the sidewalk with Isabelle, even though he couldn't escape the knowing that he was about to propose any minute now.