Clace proposal

Clary woke up with the sun hitting her face. She turned to her side to find the love of her life missing. A tread coming down the hallway outside got her alert. Her perfect hearing rune enabled her to distinguish footsteps. She knew who it was before they had even reached for the door handle on the outside. Clary smiled to herself and rolled over; if she was still partly groggy from sleep, it was still a good dream. The handle turned and the door opened soundlessly, the person walking inside the room. Clary sensed, rather than heard the distinguishing footfalls now. She knew they had drawn a silencing rune on themselves. As they drew closer – one step away from her bed - Clary sprang into action; sitting up, grabbing the knife that was on her bedside table and holding it to the intruder, all in one fluid motion. A light chuckle filled the space between Clary and the intruder.

"You're really good at it," Jace muttered as he reached down and touched her face. "not quite the morning wake up call I was hoping to receive..." He kissed her lips lightly, his hands prying the knife from her grasp and setting it down on the table with an audible clunk. Clary smiled against his lips as they broke apart. She pulled him over her until he was lying on the bed next to her. Realising what she wanted, Jace drew her into the circle of his arms – his legs tucking behind hers. They always fit together perfectly. Clary heard Jace sigh in content as the warmth of their joined bodies created a light heat. As always, Clary skin tingled wherever Jace touched her. Even now, the sensations of his touch did things to her body she couldn't always control. They lay together for a few moments. Drinking the scent of each other in. They never grew sick of the other. They were both hooked onto each other like a drug. Jace needed her, Clary needed him.

"I suppose I have to get up now..." Clary murmured softly.

"Mmm..." was all Jace said, as he kissed her cheek. His hand ran down the side of her body, following the curve of her waist. "We have training in forty minutes," he whispered between the kisses he now traced down the side of her jaw.

"Is it just us today? Because I really don't want to move yet." He chuckled, his whole body vibrating softly with the action. "Yes. Its only us. Alec is with Magnus and the kids.(This takes place a few years later after Magnus and Alec adopt Max and Rafael) And Izzy and Simon are busy with the arrangements for their engagement party" he said as he ran his hand along the bare skin at the top of her thigh, his hands heated with longing. "Yes" Clary said letting out a sigh of relief.

After some time "But right now we have to get up" Clary turned her head back and looked into Jace's eyes. She poked out her tongue playfully, before reluctantly peeling herself out of Jace's arms – her favourite sanctuary. She rolled over, flipping her feet off the bed before standing up. She leaned forward, placed a chaste kiss on his lips before walking into the bathroom.
........................................................................

Sweat dribbled down her face and her body felt like it was on fire. It was actually really nice outside, one of those nice early autumn days were it isn't too hot and there's a slight breeze to keep it nice. The leaves were just starting to turn into splashes of cranberries, oranges and golden apples.

Jace and Clary were in combat training, and Clary was just too tried to fight anymore. She just felt like plopping down on the grass right now, curl up in a ball and just pass out right now.

"C'mon Clary! I know you can do better!" Jace said as she tiredly threw a weak punch at him, which he neatly dodged. Not that she expected to hit him anyway. He had a crazy grin on his face, one that he often got when he was excited – probably about beating her – or when he went hunting.

"I'm tired," Clary complained using a snake eye trick on him. She looked at his right shoulder but punched his left arm.

He just merely smiled at her, impossibly still full of energy. "I didn't train you for – how many years? – six something years for no reason! I expect you to do better than this."