She turned back to see the urchin on her hands and knees, her limbs trembling from the exertion. Kneeling down again, she tilted the child's face upwards and smiled.

"Your name."

"M...m...."

Typical. Her body is in shock from using so much mana at once. Still, a good start for one of these animals.

"Name."

"Morgan. Morgan Aurelius, Justiciar."

Good. She knew who I was. Going to every house seems to have instilled some of our will already. This girl may be of some use. A pity the Countess' daughter is not here but she will become another puppet to our will.

"Good. Now stand up and do it again."

The sound of someone fainting and landing on the ground the moment she turned around was her answer. Rolling her eyes, she walked to the other children.

"Now, your turn."

Three years later...

Sulandril smirked as the young Breton girl blocked two fireballs, her feet shaking as her shield absorbed the impact. Of all the children, this was the only one who showed any potential.

Of course, her friendship with the young Countess to be failing certainly helped in keeping her in line.

She didn't hate the young princess. In fact, the girl had grit, something her ailing mother lacked. From what her mages told her, she wouldn't last another ten years. A fact which always cheered her up to no end. Her latest reports had received much praise from her superiors, a further three detachments of the Dominions finest soldiers had been sent to Bruma, along with a warning.

After Herself had heard about this strange girl who displayed a knack of fire magic as well as being seen using ancient fighting styles that only matched styles used in assassin styles from Black Marsh, and more worryingly, Akavir. Her orders had been changed slightly. This girl was to be watched. Carefully.

Her waste of a father had already been disposed of, killed only six hundred yards out of the walls. His corpse had been immolated and the ashes thrown of the tallest mountain in Cyrodiil. The cover story was that he had abandoned his wife and daughter. No extra details had been given. She would always recall how the wife had had a shocked face before changing into disappointment.

Good, saved me the hassle of pretending to care.

The girl on the other hand....

Odd things had occurred since then, however. All of them involving Morgan Aurelius. Even the name bothered her. She had instructed her best archivist for a family lineage and he had recovered the information within a single week.

It turned out that this odd girl and mother had some very disturbing ancestors. Namely the Champion of Cyrodiil, also known as the Hero of Kvatch. Despite over a century of searching, they hadn't found her body. And if the local belief was correct, Lucinda had supposedly been a vampire. Which meant that she could still be wandering Tamriel or even further from the known lands.

And if she were to find out that her lineage continued, Sulandril dreaded to imagine what damage that would cause. Herself had declared any information of the Champion was a high priority...even more so than the puppet Emperor of Cyrodiil.

She smiled as young Morgan threw three moderate fireballs of her own, directing them with a wave of her hands, the projectiles swarming around the three casters, who nullified the flames with Silence spells. Sulandril clapped her hands a few times and held her amusement as Morgan stood upright, even though she knew she was exhausted.