Chapter 1

Morgan Aurelius sighed as she threw the hammer onto the crafting table before moving a strand of hair from her forehead. She had never been fond of making anything from scratch, and her current project was much more demanding than something as simple as making an iron sword or hide armour. She looked behind her and she couldn't help but smile as she looked at her latest project.

Heljarchen Manor.

It had been four months since she had ripped apart the Volkihar Vampire Lord, Harkon, in the frozen wastes of the northern shore of Skyrim. She and Serana had parted ways for a few reasons, and although Morgan had been upset, she also knew that it would be selfish of her to keep Serana with her all the time.

Besides, there hasn't been any vampire attacks in the towns or most of the villages since then, so she must be doing alright in getting the vampire Court in line, she reminded herself with a wry smile.

Morgan had explained everything to Jarl Elisif of Solitude, and Elisif had hugged her so tightly, she had to nod to Sybille Stentor to try and get her off. Everyone had laughed at that little moment, although Elisif had recovered faster than everyone else, thanking Morgan for her work and telling her that if she needed anything, she was to ask and it would be done.

Morgan had replied that she was happy being on her good side, and had promptly gave her a small bow and walked out of the Blue Palace, leaving many people there perplexed at her sense of honour and duty. And then she recalled Jordis telling her about a giant causing trouble outside of Dawnstar, and she had gone to claim that bounty, mainly for the reward that would be awarded should she succeed.

Of course, Aela had volunteered to come, saying that she still had some fight left in her, and Morgan couldn't say no to the tall and feisty Companion. The giant had been no match for the two of them, Morgan's blade slicing the creatures body and legs with precision attacks, while Aelas arrows peppered the giant from distance, each one dipped in poison to kill the beast quicker. It had been Morgan's blade that had inflicted the death blow, a savage upward strike that impaled the giant through the underside of its jaw and through it's skull.

She could still smile at the way that Aela had raised her eyebrow at that little finishing blow. Morgan chuckled as she continued to look at her new home with a warm feeling in her chest.

The Jarl of Dawnstar had offered her a plot of land for five thousand septims, and Morgan had immediately paid up and walked out of the small village without a single word, apart from thanking the Jarl for the land. Since then, most of the Companions had been helping out as much as their time allowed. Only Kodlak hadn't taken part, but Morgan knew that he was a very important person in Whiterun, not to mention he was nearing the end of his natural life...although she had heard from Vilkas that he was searching for a cure to his beast blood before he passed away.

But the one person Morgan had wanted to see, and she had never turned up since that battle at Castle Volkihar, was Serana herself. Sometimes, she dreamt that the two of them were making love in a field, the sun shining on them as though they were both human again. She knew that it was dream, but she still liked to think about it every time she started crying at the temporary loss of her lover.

Morgan looked at Heljarchen Manor, looking for any sign of torn wood or faulty nails. Seeing none, she smiled and walked over, placing her hand on the cold wood.

My new home.

The house exterior was finished already. A small porch area stood at the front of the house, a garden on one side was blooming with flowers. Deathbells, Nightshades and even a few Nirnroot. If there was one thing Morgan had always wanted, it was a never ending supply of poisons, and her current choices were excellent at supplying her with the ingredients she needed.

Bond Of Blood जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें