Chapter 37

Idgrod shot upright and clutched at her chest, trying to control her heart that was trying to burst out of her ribcage.

Another vision. They are coming faster and in greater detail than ever.

She shivered and looked around at her guest room, taking in the flickering candlelight's, the silver goblets and the bottles of expensive wine that littered the shelves and cabinets.

"Your gift is strong, young seer."

Idgrod whipped her head to the right and felt her body seem to freeze at the sight of the pair of yellowish eyes that were fixed on hers, the owner of the eyes hidden in the gloom.

"Be calm, your wounds are not healed fully."

Idgrod nodded as the figure stepped into view, and she recognised Sybille Stentor, the mage that always stood at Elisif's side.

"You..."

"Am a vampire, yes," Sybille sighed, as though having stated the obvious for many years. She moved over and pressed her hand to Idgrod's left shoulder, ignoring the young woman's small whimper of pain.

"Your shoulder was dislocated and while my magic healed most of the damage, it still needs to heal naturally otherwise you may end up with a limp limb."

"Does anyone know?"

Sybille chuckled as she removed her hand and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Only a few remain, the others were...disposed of. But you needn't worry my dear, I have no intention of harming you. The Jarl asked me to tend to you when we found you on the battlefield."

Idgrod had no recollection of being found and she raised an eyebrow.

"You were found near a tree, surrounded by a dozen Stormcloak corpses. Most of them were....not whole."

Idgrod shivered again and pulled the covers over her more fully.

"It seems that something tore them apart while they were fleeing."

"It was her."

Sybille hid her smile.

"Who? She asked falsely, wondering just how good the young woman's gift truly was.

"Morgan Aurelius. The Dragonborn. The Leader of the Black Hand. The Void Walker. The Last Dragonborn. Sired by the blood of the Volkihar," Idgrod rallied off the names as though she knew them all personally. Then she blinked before meeting Sybille's amused gaze.

"You see more than even your mother did. Very impressive. I feel sorry for your loss, she was a dear friend of mine."

Idgrod simply nodded as the names flashed through her mind once more. Only a few made sense, others were very odd.

"Black Hand? Void Walker? What..."

"Some answers are best left hidden, young one. Remember that. You best get some sleep, you should be free of visions for a short time."

"How do you know such things?"

Sybille smiled.

"Let us say I have secrets of my own. Fear not for the Dragonborn, she can handle herself."

Idgrod felt her eyes close almost against her will, and she embraced the darkness willingly, seeing Morgan's face in an uncontrolled rage a moment before everything went black...

Ralof awoke and instantly cursed when a bolt of pain shot through his torso. He took a few deep breaths until the stabbing pains subsided and blinked a few times before looking around to take in his surroundings.