Chapter 27

Morgan frowned and massaged her forehead with her fingers. She had been staring at the replies that she had received from Elisif and Balgruuf for the last day or two and she felt that nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she was going to end up doing a lot of travelling in the next few days.

"Come on," Serana said, her lips caressing the nape of Morgan's neck gently. "You need to get out of here for a day or two. The Night Mother's wishes are being met already, are they not?"

Morgan smiled again. The Night Mother had sent her a half dozen names that had asked for their services, and Morgan had had to send out Babette, Nazir, and Gabriella to meet these people and to carry out the assassinations. The vampires in the caverns had settled in and were now talking to her, their initial fear of her vanishing after Alva had vouched for her openly. The cattle in the form of the Stormcloaks were not being drained beyond the brink, thanks to Babette and a timetable she had created.

Babette is much more helpful than I originally thought...three hundred years of learning and experimenting her craft in alchemy has led to her designing a tonic that, when added to blood, triples the length of time it takes for blood to be used up when a vampire consumes it.

She then thought about the letters once more, as Serana began to rub her shoulders gently, the vampires hair spilling onto the top of Morgan's head.

"I cannot see anything," she laughed.

"Then do something about it," Serana replied in a sultry purr.

Morgan tilted her head back and their lips met, a pleasurable feeling coursing through her. She smiled as they broke the kiss at the same time.

"Why do you have to be right all the time?"

Serana grinned.

"With age comes wisdom, little Dragon," she said, wrapping her arms round Morgan's waist and easily hauling her to her feet, the chair tilting onto its side.

Morgan giggled and spun around, Serana's arms still wrapped around her midriff. She leaned into the taller vampire and looped her arms round Serana's neck.

"I am not saying anything here," Morgan grinned playfully.

"Good," Serana said as she pulled Morgan close to her, her right knee gently forcing Morgan's legs apart before coming to rest between her thighs. "Because if you did, I would have to punish you."

"You are doing that already," Morgan whispered as she felt herself being pressed against the wall, Serana's taller frame enveloping her in a gentle embrace.

"And you love me for it," Serana whispered in her ear before kissing the lobe gently.

"Listener? Oh....I can come back another time..."

The two vampires sighed at the same time and pulled apart before flashing identical grins at Astrid, who had come into the room with a small smile of her own on her lips.

"It's fine, Astrid," Morgan said. "We were just...discussing a few things."

"Like how fast I could get you out of your clothes?" Serana whispered in Morgan's ear, too softly for Astrid to hear.

Morgan playfully slapped Serana's buttocks with her hand when Astrid looked away for a moment, and Serana raised an eyebrow, her grin widening.

"What is it?"

Astrid handed over a small note and chuckled as Morgan looked at her curiously.

"This is where you open the note," Serana supplied.

Morgan fixed her lover with a mock dirty look and opened the note, scanning through the message quickly and carefully.

A