Morgan was faster however.

"FUS!"

The dagger fell to the floor and Morgan growled.

"Never threaten her again unless you wish to see the Void."

There was a moment of silence before Karliah chuckled.

"She was right about you. You do care about others after all. And here I was, thinking you were just another assassin."

"You have no idea. So what did you bring us down here for, Brynjolf? I have contracts to perform and a civil war to end."

"Was Grelod a contract?" Karliah asked.

Morgan grinned.

"She was for free although there were many who wanted her dead."

"Cold for even an assassin, darlin," Delvin piped up.

"It's my job. And you still haven't said what you want."

"Delvin told me about the arrangement between our organisations. I wish to continue this."

Morgan nodded.

"I see no reason to change anything," she said softly.

Karliah nodded but Morgan could see that she was still sizing her up, as if unsure of her motivations. She crossed her arms and glared at the dunmer.

"You don't have to like me, and at this point I really couldn't care less what your plans for the Thieve's Guild. I have my own responsibilities."

Morgan ignored the snorts of derision echoing around her from many of the Guild members.

"Brynjolf, is there anything else?" Morgan asked.

"That's it."

Morgan nodded and without another word, started towards the exit, not even sparing the Guild members a single glance. She had nothing against them, but she was irked at how so many of them were dismissive of her. Mercer's death didn't bother her either, she knew he was due his death at some stage.

It was Karliah that bothered her most. It was as though she saw her as an enemy.

. Nocturnal's Champion. She is not to be underestimated my dear child.

Morgan closed her eyes for a brief moment as the Night Mother spoke to her.

"Should I honour the agreement?" Morgan asked.

For now, yes. You have a Civil War to finish and a daughter to raise. Your work has only just begun....

Morgan smiled and opened her eyes.

Better get started. Time to pick up my daughter.

Runa glanced at the other children and wished she could run away in the night. Their insufferable jokes and constant jests at her expense was getting to her. She wished she had kept her mouth closed. While she hadn't told them everything, Runa had said that Grelod had been targeted by assassins....people didn't get their throats cut at night without some goal.

Constance seemed better at least. She was the only one who Runa liked in the orphanage. Runa heard the door open and she looked over at the entrance, smiling when Morgan appeared.

Is she here for me? She knew it was me watching, just like I knew it was her dressed in black as she headed to Grelod's room.

"Morgan! I am so sorry about what you had to witness! I swear, if I could have stopped..."

"Relax," Morgan smiled, placing a comforting hand on Constance' shoulder. "I know that Grelod had a binding contract on you. You couldn't do anything while she was in charge."