"Morgan. You know as well as I do that not everyone can be saved. Only the Divines can decide who lives and dies, it is a part of life. You know that wolves will never come close to the walls, let alone get past the guards at each gate."

She gently held her daughter's face between her hands and sighed.

"You didn't need to risk your lives to prove yourselves. I am sure that the tow of you will grow up to become fearsome battlemages but until then, you need to take care of yourselves. Do you understand?"

Morgan sniffed and nodded and Lilith smiled as she pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her hair.

"Now get yourself cleaned up. We are going to have something to eat and then we are spending some time at the Castle...hopefully you and the Princess will stay out of trouble until then hm?"

"I love you, Mother."

Lilith opened her eyes, fresh tears beginning to fall once more. She looked up at the clear skies overhead and hoped her daughter would hear her.

"I love you too, my daughter."

Then she heard the unmistakable sound of a dragon's roar splitting the sky.

Morgan sighed as the walls of Whiterun came into view. It had seemed like an eternity since she had last walked through those doors. She patted Odahviing's neck and he set down to the earth with a thud, a plume of dust billowing out from his giant clawed paws.

"You really need to work on your landings," Morgan chuckled as she leapt off his neck.

"When you receive some wings, you can show me how to do it, Dovahkiin," he replied with a chuckle.

"I think he won that round my dear," Serana laughed as she leapt down, looping an arm round Morgan's waist.

Morgan snorted and patted the dragons nose playfully.

"I will call on you again soon my friend, I have an idea...but I need to think it through a little first."

Odahviing nodded and took to the sky, while Serana raised an eyebrow.

She has lost her confidence. Curse that bastard for doing this to her! I will help you my love, I swear it.

Serana kissed her on the side of her neck and smiled as the Dragonborn turned into her embrace, looking up at her with a small smile of her own.

"Come on Little Dragon, we have people to meet. I am sure Lilith will be overjoyed to see you again."

"She will be shocked...upset...angry," Morgan muttered softly.

Serana closed her eyes briefly, thinking hard.

Fool! Lilith was devastated and you know that! Just be there for her, she needs you even more than ever!

Serana opened her eyes and looked deep into that of her lovers, tracing one of her fingers across her cheek as she talked.

"She will not be angry at you for you did nothing wrong, do you understand me? Just trust me on this, I will be right there alongside you my love."

Morgan nodded and Serana gave her a soft kiss on her lips, teasing the skin with her tongue as they broke apart.

"Come, let us rejoin the world my love."

Serana was glad to see a smile appear on Morgans face...she was praying that she could continue to make her happy in the tougher times that were sure to come.

Adrienne threw the hammer onto the worktop and wiped the sweat from her forehead. She had been working hard for six straight hours without stopping, and it was beginning to show. She was covered head to foot in dust, sweat and grime from working the forge and she badly needed a bath.