Ulfric watched in horror as the red dragon picked up three men, one in each front limb and the last one clenched within it's huge jaws. The dragon then looked directly at him and Ulfric could have sworn that it chuckled at him, steams of smoke spilling out of it's mouth and nostrils. Then it killed all three men at once, the ones in it's limbs being crushed while the last was bitten in half. None of them had even had time to scream.

"FUS...RO DAH!"

The Shout he had used to kill Torygg had been effective. He had known that he would never match the power that the Greybeards possessed. He also knew that he would not even come close to the level that the Dragonborn was now at. But he had imagined that the Unrelenting Force Shout would at least stagger the dragon. But when the dragon started laughing in earnest, he felt his stomach drop in fear, just as it had done when Alduin had first arrived in Nirn and had saved the Dragonborn from execution.

The Gods truly have a strange sense of humour.

"Just as I expected. A weak thu'um," Odahviing rumbled, his eyes narrowed. "Begone, little joor."

"You dragons are prideful creatures indeed," Ulfric replied, his hand gripping his axe tightly. "Yet even now, you are surrounded and you mock me?"

"You are not the Dovahkiin. You are not worthy of the thu'um."

Odahviing laughed again as he flapped his massive wings, easily carrying him away from the swarm of Stormcloak soldiers.

"And you are nothing compared to my thuri."

Ulfric raised an eyebrow as the dragon flew north-west, bellowing it's triumph as it flew away. He snarled and sheathed his axe before looking at Galmar.

"Let us return to the Palace. We need to assess the damage."

"I doubt we have enough men to attack Whiterun again after this," Galmar grumbled angrily.

"True, but we can recover like we always have."

Galmar nodded and the two of them walked back to Windhelm, thinking the worst was over.

Serana shivered when she heard the deafening roar echo across the land. She knew it was Morgan, but she also knew it was something much worse. It was the sound of her barriers falling. She had seen that Morgan had surrounded herself with barriers, ever since she had turned her. Being her sire, she knew that Morgan was afraid of losing her friends and family, it was a natural thought to do so. But in Morgan's case, she refused to think about what would happen should she be alone.

And from the sounds of it, something happened that broke those barriers and released the creature within her.

"Set me down here Durnehviir, if you would," she said tightly.

The green dragon nodded in assent and landed on the cliffs overlooking Windhelm. Serana jumped off and looked at him.

"Wait on the other side of this mountain and stay out of sight. They think we have gone. Let them think they are safe. I need to bring Morgan before she tears everyone apart."

"That is her right as thuri," Durnehviir replied, "But I will do as you ask."

Serana shook her head.

"If she happens across an innocent...or a child...stay out of sight, we will be back soon," she whispered before leaping off the cliff and down onto the snowy plain just outside the city wall.

Serana sprinted as fast as she could, a blur on the white surface.

I hope she hasn't killed any innocent yet...