Clark Zachary Cabello Jauregui

Start from the beginning

I know Alfred's referring to me telling Lauren about Clark. I've been gathering my balls for three days now to man up and tell it to Lauren but my tongue always backs out in the last minute. I know I need to tell her but I need to find the right timing, I guess.

"Maybe tonight."

Alfred nod his head, "We're here to back you up."

I smiled timidly as I catch his eyes through the rear-view mirror. "Thank you, Alfred."

I just really hope my tongue won't bail out on me tonight.

***

Lauren's POV

"Lawren? Is aunt Mani okay?"

I nod my head, "She just needs to do a follow up check up. Don't worry about her."

After a few more minutes the door where Normani's at opened. I get back on my feet upon seeing my best friend walked out of the room and give her doctor one last hug before facing me. The smile that's curved on her lips died down, her eyes focused on something over my shoulder with a furrowed eyebrows.

"Grandma Karen!" I heard Clark squealed.

I turn around and I saw Karen. I look every corners of the hall to see if Shawn's with her and thank god that he's not here.

"What is she doing here?" Normani whispered. She stood by my side while watching Clark clinging on her knees.

"I have no idea." I whispered back.

"Can I still call you grandma?" The brown eyed boy asked with a giddy smile on his face.

Karen looked up and our gaze met. Her eyes are asking for my permission so I nod my head as my response.

She turn back her eyes to Clark and give the little boy a small smile, "Of course you can."

"Yey! I miss you grandma Karen!"

They hugged for a moment before Karen formally stood in front of us. She greeted with a handshake in which I accepted and Normani politely declined. I understand that Normani doesn't want anything to do with any of the Mendes after what happened.

"I came here so I could personally apologize to you, Normani. My son is not thinking straight."

"Clearly." Normani answered sarcastically.

"Can I at least offer you something? Medical treatment for free? I'll ask Manuel to assist you personally. It's the least thing I can do for you."

"So your son could have a chance to kill me for good? No thanks."

I elbowed Normani. When I got her attention, I gave her a look and she just rolled her eyes.

"Thanks for the great offer Mrs. Mendes, but no thanks. I don't want to get associated with any of your family members. I hope you understand."

Karen smiled apologetically before nodding her head. She turn her eyes on me, "Lauren, can we talk?"

I look at Normani, silently asking her to help me in this situation because I still wanna live but she just gave me a questioning look whether I'll say yes or no to Karen's offer.