Chapter 17

"Bake sales are awesome" i shrugged. "People love cupcakes"

"Its a good idea" cayden agreed looking at me. He was making that face again. He's been making that face since i spent the night at his house. I smiled and looked away.

"Ok so we can have it on thursday and we can get started tonight" i said planning in my head.

"But its tuesday, isnt that a little early?" i shrugged

"Well we should have alot of different types so more people will buy and thats gonna take a while" he nodded in understanding.

"Ok we can do it at my house" cayden said standing up. We only had 5 minutes left of study hall. I started to pick up all the papers littering the floor.

"Oh crap" he said bending down. He gathered some of the papers and handed them to me.

"Thank you" i said grabbing them. Our hands touched and we looked at each other.

There's the look again.

I sighed and shoved all the papers in my bag.

"Cayden"

"Huh"

"Cayden stop"

I grabbed his arm. He looked at my arm and then to my face.

"Yeah?"

I gulped "did something happen the night of the party?"

His eyes widened. "What?!?no?!"
He said quickly "why would you think that" i shrugged at him.

"Just asking" he nodded nervously and the bell rang.

"Ill give you a ride after school. Bye" he stammered and took off. I sighed.

Something happened.

I know it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Ok now preheat the oven"i told cayden. He looked at me confused and i pushed him out of the way laughing. I preheated the oven to the designated time and  picked up the box lying on the counter.

Why is there so many directions?

Put the eggs in.

Then the milk.

And oil.

Then you whisk and bake.

Its easy, but it takes some time

Cayden was in charge of making the first batch and i was in charge of making the second batch of cupcakes.

Cayden had just put his batch in the oven and i was attempting to whisk the second batch, which is kind of hard when you don't have any upper body strength.

Like none.

"You need some help" i jumped and looked up.

"Holy shit i forgot you were there" i jumped back and put my hand on my chest. He nodded.

"I figured" he said walking over to me. "I think your suppose to do it like this" he said grabbing my hand. He picked up the mixer and whisked the cupcakes.

With both of our hands.

He put his other hand on my waist and continued. I looked at his hand on my waist.

"Uhm cayden" i mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?" i asked looking up at him. His eyes widened and he let go.