Chapter 4

Gabriella's pov-

Sleep. Thats all i can think about right now. My comfortable bed. My comfortable blankets. My comfortable pajamas. Hell i would even be happy just to go home. But nope im sitting in the back of a pickup truck in the middle of nowhere, because cayden decided to take it upon himself to drive me home after detention and of course we got lost and broke down. So cliche. I rolled my eyes sighing and looked up. It was already dark outside and the only light you could see for miles were the stars. The tow truck should have been here by now. Im starting to think it's not gonna come at all. I looked at cayden who stared blankly back at me. "What?" he shook his head and looked down to the skateboard tucked under my arm. "Do you skate?" he asked surprised. I nodded "yeah i do" he smiled and grabbed my skateboard looking underneath it. "Nice. How long have you been skating"  he said tracing the details on the back. "Since i was 10" i said watching him. "My brother taught so i could get home faster after school" he nodded and handed it back to me. "And you still ride it" i nodded tucking it back under my arm. "I kind of got use to it and i coudnt let it go" he smiled and looked up. "You see that star" i squinted my eyes and nodded. "What about it?" I said. "This is gonna sound weird. But i think that's my mom" i looked at him confused and he looked down. "What do you mean"  he stared up for a few moments not saying anything. "Nevermind" he said sitting up. "Cay-" i started to tell him when a pair of bright lights popped up in front of us blurring my view. The tow truck pulled up in back of us and cayden jumped out the back and stuck his hand up to help me. I grabbed his hand and hopped of of the truck. I turned around grabbing my skateboard and turned back around to see cayden talking to the tow truck man already. I stared as cayden talk to the man and shook his hand. His eyebrows furrowed and he pointed to the truck frustrated. The man nodded and cayden pulled out his wallet and payed him. The man walked back to his truck and cayden walked over to me. "So kyle agreed to give us a ride back to the tow truck place along with the car but after that we are on our own."he sighed. I giggled. So his name is kyle. Cayden look at me weirdly and i shrugged "i can call my brother" he nodded. "It's late i can call my dad but he will be pissed" he said looking at his wrist watch. "My brother can give you a ride too" i said shrugging again. He shook his head "no i've already given you enough trouble today" i furrowed my eyebrows at him and rolled my eyes at him. "He's gonna give you a ride and that's final" i said looking him in the eye. He stared back and his lips twitched into a smile. I smiled back at him right as kyle honked his truck horn. We looked toward him as he stuck hid head out the window "quite oogling over each other and move unless you dont wanna go home anytime soon" i rolled my eyes and blushed moving over to  side of the road with cayden in tow. Im not gonna lie Cayden's cute and every girl in that school agrees as i have learned but i barely know him and he barely knows me. I looked at cayden and watched him stare at his truck. As if on cue he turned to look at me and i switched my focus on the truck. I could see  still staring at me but i ignored it and switch on my phone. 9:06. I was surely dead when i got home. My battery flashed at me 6% and my notifications exploded with 4 miss calls.  Alex. I sighed turning my phone to preserve some battery when kyle hollered at  through the window to hop in. Cayden grabbed my arm and pulled me beside him. He got in and helped me into the car. I hopped in and squished between cayden and the door. We drove quietly to the tow  place and cayden stared walking up to the lady at the desk. "Im gonna my brother" i said heading for the door when he grabbed my wrist. "Are you crazy?!?! You cant go outside this late alone"i raised my eyebrow and pulled my arm from his grip and walked next to the door and leaned against the wall. Cayden nodded  walked up to the lady still watching me. I sighed and turned my phone . i watched as the light lit up my phone and my  notifications flashed 22 missed calls. I clicked the  and put the phone up to my ear. It answered on the first ring and i prepared myself for a  on not updating your older brother when your out. Hes always been protective.

(G)- "Hel-"

(A)- "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" i flinched and pulled the phone from my ear and waiting.

(G)- "i need a ride"

(A) "where are you"

(G)-"Andy's tow truck shop" i said looking up at the shop name and over to cayden who stared at me. I looked away and stared at the floor.

(A)- "im on my way but we are talking about this when we get home"

(G)-"ok bye"

(A)-"i love you" i sighed quietly

(G)-"i love you too" i said rolling my eyes and hanging up just as cayden walked over to me.

"My battery died" he sighed. I nodded "my brother's on his way"  i told him. He nodded and we  sat in the chairs by the double doors. People roamed in and out quickly and the lights started to die out by the time i saw a familiar blue car stop in front of the doors. I stood up and looked over to a sleeping cayden. I laughed and grabbed his shoulder shaking him. He opened his eyes and looked around a few times before finally looking at my face inches from his. I cleared my throat and stood up "come on" i said motioning to the doors. He followed and i hopped into the front seat of my brothers dusty old car. "Where do you live" i said looking to cayden. "2345 alverich avenue" my brother nodded and put it in the gps before we headed off. It tooks us about half an hour to get to cayden's house from the tow truck shop. I looked at cayden as he opened the door and looked at us "thanks for the " he nodded to my brother and then turned to me "sorry for today but i hope you had some fun in your eventful first day of " i nodded and smiled at him lightly. He smiled back and shut the door to the car before walking off towards some expensive looking house. I gaped at it in awe and watched as we sped past it and my brother shot me a puzzling look. I shrugged and he continued to drive in silence. He hummed along to the music and my eyes started to droop. By the time we made it home,i was almost fully blacked out. My brother walked over  picked me up bridal style and knocked on the door. I saw my little brother face once before i closed my eyes fully. I could feel us ascending up the stairs and my brother walked to my room and layed me on my bed. "We are gonna talk about this in the morning "he whispered before turning the light off and leaving. Today was one for the books. I mean literally. It could have ended up in the guiness world records book for the most disasters to happen to anyone on their first day of school.

-i know this story sucks but please keep commenting and voting to let me know what you guys think of the story-Ash