.2.

- Your highness the queen expects you in the throne room right now, Magdalena took the seeds of me and made me to wake up for good.

It was freezing outside. I hope that the many we gave would be enough to pay both their taxes and logs for their fireplace.

I stood up and washed my face with hot water. Magdalena brushed my hair and helped me wear my dress. I hated those dark colors that the made me wear. They were so depressing. But if my eldest sister saw me wearing a dress in bright colors she wouldn't hesitate to lock me up in the dangeons.

- Your highness you forgot your tiara, she stopped me at the door

I smiled at her and she helped me put it straight.

- If I may say ,your highness, she cleared her throat, Even if she wears bigger crowns and more expensive dresses she doesn't rich even your little finger. You are much more beautiful and she knows that.

I smiled again and I went down the stairs surrounded by my thoughts.

Magdalena always pointed my beauty. But I had no idea of my appearances. I was forbidden to have any mirror, to she my reflection even in the water. My mother didn't allow me to go out of the castle. The only part of the kingdom I had ever met was the palace and the palace's garden. I was more like a prison with a tiara than a princess with a crown.

As I was entering the throne room one of the guards opened his mouth in order to announce appearance in the room but a threating look from my sister made him regret it.

She didn't like me to be called princess. She wanted this title only for herself.

- You are late!, my mother's strict voice made me shudder

- My apologies my Queen, I kneel with respect to her and to my father.

- Miren come on now dear, my father's calmly voice saved me from her anger, We don't have time for punishments.

He saw me the empty seat next to his throne. I was the only member of the royal family that was sitting in a stool . My sister had a throne on her own next to our mother's one. But she would never agree even to have a chair in the throne room.

- Sergeant! , my mother ordered, Bring the prisoner inside!

The sergeant nodded and two solders brought a man in chains that had been clearly hit many times. His clothes was ripped and his face was full of blood.

His image made my hurt bleed. I could never support my mother's terror actions.

- We have confirmed that his in one of the three descendants, the sergeant spoke, But he refuses to reveal the identities of the others.

The only thing I knew is that the three descendants were sons of an evil noble man. After the last kings death and the tragic loss of his heir my mother was the next to the succeed line. But this noble man wanted the throne for himself. He declared the war to my mother who she won after many sacrifices. After their farmer's defeat and death his three sons escape somehow and from the moment they became adults they are trying to steal the throne from our mother and kill us all. They are wicked as their father was. I should be ashamed for feeling sympathy for such a criminal.

- We shall see about that, my mother said, lock him in the dungeons and continue to interrogate him. If he speaks a will spare his life. If he does not cooperate he will soon be hanged.

- The throne does not belong to you Miren and you know it! Sooner or later you we will have justice! You are a tyrant! Shame on you! May you and your family burn in hell!, he screamed as the guards were taking him out.

There was quite in the room for a moment and then my sister spoke:

- You don't actually indent to spare his life if he betray them don't you?, she asked my mother.

- Of course not my dear Beatrice, she laughed

- But you gave your word!, I protest

My father gave me a warning glare knowing that he wont be able to protect me again from her anger.

- Who do you think that you are to disobey our mother and the queen!, my sister screamed.

- Beatrice do not get upset with your sister, there is no reason to destroy our joy, she said calmly but then changed her tone of voice as she was addressing to me, As for you will be locked up to your room and you will not be served any other meal for the rest of the day. Now go!

My father waved to me to leave the room quickly and so I did. I could never understand why my mother and my sister hate me so much. I never did anything to disappoint them and I don't ever recall a smile or a hug from my mother.

I sat in front of my window. It was small and it had bars but i could she a part of the village and the bright blue sky. And I just stood there staring until the day became night and the sky became dark full of stars. An idea was born in my head and something changed inside me.

It was time to free myself.