.11.

- I do not speak with the enemy!, the descendant insisted.

Although I tried hard to convince him that I am nit the enemy and I mean no harm he didn't believe me. And I don't blame him. My mother's actions are not the best example of good intentions.

- Here, I gave me a package, That's the only thing I could get from the kitchen without being notice. I am sorry I couldn't find meat. Fish is the only thing that it was left.

Before I go down to the dungeons I rushed in to the kitchen and I took whatever I found. Unfortunately it wasn't much. A piece of fish, some bread and cheese.

- You must be kidding me!, he laughed as he saw the  content of the package, And you are sorry for not finding any meat. Have you any idea how many times do we eat fish or meat? Only in our dreams.

I couldn't understand and that's why I remained silent. We had plenty of food in our storage. We ate fish and meat almost every day. Wouldn't been normal if the people who supplied us also keep some of them for themselves or the trade market?

- Also I brought you a medicine for the pain, I said.

- A medicine, he smiled sarcastically, Yeah right. Is poison isn't? I don't ger why would you kill me if they are gonna hang me anyway.

- I do not wish your death! I just want to help you! Why can't you believe me.

- Let me think, he kept his sarcastic tone, Oh right. Because you are the daughter of Miren. And she killed my family and everyone that I cared.

I know the story. My father was the next to succeed the dead king but their father tried to kill them.

- Your father tried to kill us all, I answered him, My father was the successor of the dead king. Your father seaked the throne for himslef.

- You said you want the truth, he said, If you know the history why bother to come down here?

He just confirmed that what I know is truth. But still. Why that man said that this palace is not mine? And Magdalena. Why call her a treator.

- So you admit that you are an enwmy to us because you want to finish what your father started, I asked again hoping for a clear yes.

- I didn't admit anything, he calmly replied, According to your story yes I am the the greedy man who wants the throne.

He was playing with me. I know he did. He was trying to turn me insane! And I must admit that I was starting to get a little mad.

- May I hear your side of the story?, I asked polity.

- Look. I don't know what kind of gamw are you playing but I am not willing to participate. So go ahead and play yourself.

So I am the tricky here? I am the one who is playing games? Is he bad. Is he the enemy? Yesterday I would say yes without any doubt. But now I know that I don't know thw hole truth. Magdalena made it clear that there is a secret that she has vowed to take to her grave. Apparently there are others who share the same secret.

I heard foot steps approaching the hall. Damn it! I had to go. Nobody must see me in here.

- For sure what I know is that I am nobodies enemy!, I said to him quickly, I will come back as soon as I can.

I quickly rushed into the stairs running back to the dance hall.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

Damn it! The room was full of guards. The princess didn't want any of the candidates to leave the room. I had to figure something out and I had to do it quickly. We were running out of time.

- Your majesty!, we heard a voice near us.

We both turned our heads at the same time only to witness the arrival of the little princess.

- No need to, she smiled to the man who bowed in front of her, Actually I would prefer if you didn't do that in front of my sister. She doesn't want me to feel sad when nobody would bow to me anymore. One day she will become the Queen and people would bowed only to her. She only does it for my one good.

The man looked at her with confuse. Sergio looked at her with indignation. She seemed to believe what she said. Nico waved us to keep our heads down. But I couldn't help it. A choking laugh came out of my mouth before I could stop it.

- Did I said something amusing sir?, she suddenly became serious as she stood in front of me.

I tried hard to keep my eyes down. She had magnitized my eyes the moment she entered the room. She was pure beauty. She was perfect but she didn't knew which made her even more perfect. Only if I could say those thinks to her. But I must suppress my feelings. She is Miren's daughter.

- Sir?, she wake me from my thoughts

- No your majesty, I answered Tianjin God I was wearing a mask.

- My lady, she corected me raising her eyebrows.

- No my lady, I said again, I laughed with my friend's joke.

- May I hear it too?, she said excited, No one in the palace tell good jokes. They are all boring. Well?

Sergio who supposed to have tell me a joke gave me a deadly look. Great....

- Well your majesty, he said with his voice a bit trembling, I mean my lady

- It is not proper for a lady I am afraid, I interrupted him, It is better if you don't hear it.

She peered me with her beautiful emerald eyes. I felt my throat go dry and Nicolai starting to be very nervous next to me.

- Do I know you?, she asked me

Damn the voice! I didn't change it.

- I don't think so, I never have met you before my lady.

- But yet your voice is very familiar, she insisted, Could you please take of your mask?

Cold sweat runed down my forehead. I still believed that she wouldn't betray us but I didn't want to risk it.

- Well?, she looked at me impatiently

I  coughed nervously trying to buy me some time. I searched with my look for my partners support. They were in the same desperate position that I was .

- Your majesty!, a voice distracted her attention.

A man in uniform took her hand and gently kissed it. That man caused me the same discuss as he did when he was a child. I never liked him but I didn't isolate him either. My mother would never allowed that.

- May I have this dance?, he proposed.

From her expression I understood that she didn't wished to all though she hide it very well. For his own shake Philippe sould keep his hand away from her!

- I hope my lady we don't have to fight for your hand, I said making sure I change my voice a bit, Because you will keep your word.

Sergio hit me discreetly but there was no chance I backed off now.

- My promise?, she asked me with a question in her look.

- You promised me the next two dances, I smiled at her.

- Is that so your majesty? , Philippe sound disappointed.

- Yes!, she said and she gave me her hand, Forgive me Sergeant. Perhaps another time.

I felt electricity running trhoug my vines as I touched her hand. What has she done to me?