.4.

Your highness what are you thinking to do is insane!, Magdalena said to me for one more time this evening

- I am tired of doing sensible things, I replied with a smile, Let's do something crazy tonight!

- My lady we will only get into trouble!, Magdalena warned me for one more time this evening.

- We will not because we will not be caught!, I said as I entered the kitchen.

Magdalena sigh and followed me knowing that there was nothing to do to change my mind.

The moment I entered the kitchen everyone stoped their duties and they bowed to me. They all seemed suprise and I don't blame them. I bet my family doesn't even know how the kitchen looks like.

- Your highness, the chief of the kitchen approach me, We are honored with your presence here. But I must warn you. The queen will not be pleased if she learns that you are down here.

I knew this kind woman from when I was little baby. My mother didn't want to feed me so instead she ordered her to do it. She had just lost her child who died in birth. I can recall many happy memories with from when I was a child. But when I turned 10 years old my mother separate us. She didn't allow me to see her again.

- Ann can we speak somewhere more privately? , I asked her

She stood a moment silently and I bet I saw tears in her eyes. How could I forget the woman whi raised me?

- Of course, she said, Follow me.

We both followed her in a room that we keep supplies. We made sure that none could hear us and then I reveal our plan.

- We have to find a way to live the palace. I want to go out to the village. I know my mother and my sister are lying about the living conditions of our people.

- Oh dear God, she whispered, You are out of your mind.

- That's what I said, Magdalena muttered.

- I might be out of my mind but it's time for me to see the world. Our world. I am eighteen years old and the only things that I have seen is the palace and its garden. I will go out tonight no matter what! Will you help me?

She stood there for a moment not knowing what to do.

- Wait right here, she said and then she left the room

- My lady we are doomed, Magdalena cried the moment Ann left, She is going to tell to your mother.

- For God's sake! Can you stop being so negative? You know you can stay here! I will go by myself !

- You know I will never leave you alone your highness.

I knew that for sure. I will never challenged her loyalty to me. She is my guardian angel.

The door opened again and Ann entered the room.

- I will help wear these, she said pointing some men's clothes, It will be harder to be recognized. As for the hair the princess has too long hair but in a pony tail it will not look so strange. A lot of men now days have long hair. Do not forget to wear your capes. I must go otherwise they might suspect us. Hide your clothes in here and use the back door to leave. There is a hole in the wall that not even the queen knows.

- I know where it is!, Magdalena said.

- God luck your highness, she wished to me

- Thank you, I smiled at her

She smiled back and she left us alone to get dressed. Magdalena helped me with my clothes and in a few moments later we looked like two young boys.

We left from the back door and quickly hide behind some bushes waiting for the patrol to pass. My heart was beating like crazy and I was afraid that the guards might hear it and we will get caught.

Magdalena waved to me and as quietly as we could we rolled over to the wall. The hole that Ann described us was very well covered by some bushes.

Magdalena went first and then I followed her. I looked up in the sky and I lost my breath. In front of there was the bridge that led to the village. I followed Magdalena looking around me not being able to realize that i finally did it.

I was out. I was free.