Chapter 20 - 'Looking for us sweetheart?'

Start from the beginning

He cast his head down and nodded slowly. I felt a little bad, but I needed to give him a wakeup call. If he doesn't do anything about his feelings for her, she's going to end up with someone else.

"Hannah." I heard someone call my name. "Hmm?" I asked, turning to Brian. I saw he wasn't looking at me, so I turned my head and looked in the front. "What? Who called me?"

"Me." Luca said. I raised an eyebrow. "Okay. And what is it that you wanted?" He snorted and started to walk over to me. With every step he took, I took one back. "Why are you walking towards me?" I asked. "Why are you stepping back?" He retorted. I shrugged and took another step back when he stepped towards me. I stopped stepping back when my back hit the wall and I silently cursed to myself. When he saw that I was trapped, he smirked and closed the following distance between him and I, and he placed his arms on either side of me so that I couldn't escape.

"So. Are you going to give me a goodbye hug?" He asked, his breath fanning on my face. I shivered and shrunk back a bit when I noticed that his face was getting closer to mine. "I will, once you give me my personal space." I snapped. I expected him to flinch, or to even give me my much-needed space, but all he did was smirk and come even closer. His body was now pressed against mine, and his lips were a few milliliters away from mine. "You know you don't want me to get away from you." He whispered.

I parted my lips and I whispered, "And how would you know that?"

He leaned in the last distance and pressed his lips against mine. My eyes popped open in surprise. His lips were soft and warm against mine, and to be honest, it felt like heaven. All too soon, he pulled away and I instantly missed the warmth of his lips and I had to restrain myself from pulling his face back to mine and crushing my lips to his.

"The way I know that you want me close to you is  because," he pecked my lips one more time and continued talking before I could even react, "you didn't pull away when I kissed you."

He moved back so that his body wasn't against mine and I immediately realized what just happened. I just kissed a guy that I barely met! He could have some type of disease for all I know!

My eyes widened and I pushed past him and I ran out of the house as fast as I could. I completely forgot about my friends back there, but there was no way in hell I was going back there. I could not face him again after what just happened. I started to slow down and I heard footsteps following after me. They became louder and they slowed down once they spotted me.

"Hannah! Why in the world did you run off?" Natalie exclaimed once they caught up to me. Melissa was right by her side, bent with her hands on her knees, panting for breath. "Yeah, why did you. Why did you run off? Whoooo! Well that was my exercise for the year!" She exclaimed, straightening up.

I didn't want to tell them what happened back there because I had no idea what they would do. "Oh nothing. I just had to leave because I felt like throwing up for some weird reason. But once I got a whiff of fresh air, I didn't need to barf anymore." I lied.

They all seemed to buy it, and a thought crossed through my mind. "Hey guys, how are we going to get home?" Jacob smiled and Aiden jingled a pair of keys that he had in his hands. "Oh, while you ran out of the house, Luca gave us the keys before we could run after you and he told us to keep it for our trip." He explained. I nodded and we all started back to his driveway so we could make our way to our hotel.

As we piled into the car, a thought crossed my mind. How in the world did they not see what happened between Luca and I? I snorted and shook my head. I had the most oblivious friends in the world.

***

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and sunlight streaming through the window. I smiled in contentment and I snuggled into my bed more. I pulled my blanket up around my neck and I found myself drifting off into another dreamless sleep.