1: It begins

*reference picture of Marcos cabin at the camp*

Marco Pov
After I zipped my suitcase and packed everything I needed I took off to Camp Echo Creek. It was going to be fun since the owner of the camp is my uncle and he let me work for the summer and also do my project.

I smirk as I see the busy city turn into nothing but trees and mountains. I drove a day early since we will have schedules and rules to go over before the kids show up. As I get there I see a couple other cars and people waiting around the unlit bonfire.

As i stepped out I see my cousin Jonathan and Eva holding clipboards and pens and whistles "Marco! Hey glad your here, take this and go find a seat before my dad gets here" I nodded and hugged the twins and sat down. I looked at the list and it looked liked I had 8 to 10 years olds, which isn't bad hopefully.

As I read I felt a nudge and as I look up I'm face to face with my childhood crush "Jackie Lynn Thomas.." she giggles and nods "Marco Diaz, what's up man?" She sits beside me in a crop top and shorts and her favorite chucks "Nothing, what are you doing here?" "Senior Project, you?"

I smirked "Same..are there more of us?" "Uh, Janna, Tom, me and you" I smirked but then she said Tom, ugh I hated him so much "What year did he get?" Jackies eyes wander and looks at me "He has 11 to 13 I think so teens I suppose? I have 5-7 so little kids"

I nod and smiled at her "We're just waiting on one girl" wait one more person? They better not be crazy and loud like some people are. "You know the name of the girl?" She shrugs

"Nah, they won't spill" I chuckled and looked around, there's at least 7 of us in this camp so that means 7 cabins for the summer, sweet. As we entered the cafeteria lodge a girl walks in a crazy looking outfit and smiled at us as she takes a seat two feet away from me and Jackie

"Sorry I'm late! You can continue" well she was loud and kinda looking crazy "What a girl" Jackie whispers next to me and we chuckle a bit "Moving on,You will address me as Mr. Martinez, I am your camp leader and I will always recommend you to see me often and to report back. If it's something big or minor please come to my office and we will talk, also my kids are available as well to help, they've been working here for over 4 years so don't be shy and go to them as well"

Everyone seem to understand and he let us roam the camp "I'm in cabin 4" Jackie said as she hauled her suitcase "I'm cabin 6 I'm like two more down" she giggles "That sucks, now we can't see each other in the mornings" I blush a bit

"We'll see each other don't worry" she waved as she entered her cabin and I walked towards mine. As i entered it was pretty big, it had 12 bunks and a separate room for me to be alone.

I smiled and placed my things in the drawers and as I finished I walked through the screen door and noticed the crazy girl getting into her cabin across from me. "Number 3?" As I walked down the wooden steps Jackie scared me

"Hey! What you looking at?" "That girl, she looks like she doesn't really want to be here" "maybe her parents made her? I didn't want to come but I needed this to complete my project so why not?" She walks up towards the main and I stand there looking at the cabin before I'm flicked in my ear

"Ouch" "Sup..what you looking at?" I sigh and looked at Janna "Nothing, what are you doing?" "Wandering around..I'm Your next door neighbor" she points to the cabin next to me "Number 5" I scoff "Whatever later loser"

she took off and i turned and I'm face to face with crazy girl "Hi! Nice to meet you!" I almost fall back and she tilts her head  "Wow! You sure are loud" I said looking at her "I'm sorry I'm usually loud so I don't notice" clearly "What's your name?" She said softly

"What's yours?" She giggles and held out her hand "Star Butterfly from Mewni" where the heck is that? "Marco Diaz from..never mind" I took her hand and she shook and I let go "Uh what or where is Mewni?" She smiles

"I'm glad you asked, it's a small country that is hidden almost across the world! Only a few know where it is" I nodded, this girl is kinda weird but she seemed kind and friendly "I can't wait for the kids! I bet they will have fun with me as their counselor"

she said happily and I gave her a look "You like kids?" She nods "I love kids, back home I used to hang around children in the small town I lived in,  most were family others were townspeople kids" sounds passionate as I was gonna speak Tom walked towards us and winked at Star

"Hey Marco, hey gorgeous" she smiles "Hey, I'm star" she said twirling her hair and looking up at Tom. I rolled my eyes and moved towards the main and I see Jackie and Janna chatting "So how's the new girl?" "Odd but very passionate?"

They exchanged looks and started laughing "That's weird, looks like Tom is taking a bite out of the weirdness" I could care less, Tom wasn't a person to be with children whatsoever. One time our class had a to read to small children and he was disgusted by then when one sneezed on his face.

But seeing he needs this for his project he'll need to suck it up. "No kidding, well I'll be heading to bed" "Dude that's not how you kick off the summer" Janna said as she put her arm around my shoulder "What do you mean?"

"Come on Marco, you know what we mean~" Jackie stood up and pulled a flask out and my eyes widen "Is that?" "Whisky? Heck yeah..let's get turnt up!" Janna said as she took first sip and then Jackie "Come on Marco, just a little" the girls were giggling and I guess why not? Hope I don't regret it in the morning.

A/n Hello everyone decided to make a Summer Camp Au cause why not? It's summer and everyone probably are in camp or even went before. Anyways hope you like it and I'll try to be consistent with this book. Also leave names for the cabin names for the svtfoe team in the story and I'll tag you in the incoming chapters later guys!

Ash~♡