Light

Genji POV

Angela fixed my leg as best as she could then we continued. She started to slow down though. "Angela?" I I grabbed her arm gently. "Are you alright?" She nodded slowly and held her stomach. "Just a little pain." I let go of her arm and resumed crawling. "Okay.."

Eventually we heard some voices, we crawled to them and looked through a vent. The man Angela called Gabriel was standing there with a few other people. I saw the 3 men from earlier too. Angela seemed frightened, she huddled closer next to me, quivering. Slightly whimpered and held her stomach again. The people from the room looked around. "Probably one of the guards." One of the men reassured. They continued talking. Angela pointed to the wall behind the desk. Half of a nap was printed on it. It looked like a map of the warehouse. We studied it then moved on. We started to find out way around, eliminating areas and such. Then came across a room. It was the exit for sure. A lot of guards stood in the way. "We have to get your staff." I whispered. She nodded and we still went. Our knees got sore. Eventually after getting lost in these vents we collapsed against the floor. Angela and I were out of breath, and by the time I had caught mine. She was fast asleep.

LATER

It had been 2 days since we've been in the warehouse. Angela and I havw started to learn the place and recognize areas. The guards had been informed of our disappearance. Angela and I discovered yhe room her staff was in. It was heavily guarded. She and I were thirsty enough to sneak some food and water out from the storage area. I hope they don't notice.

LATER again.

Angela ate our rations. We set for the room next. She carefully opened the vent, then I jumped down. Slicing the guards and grabbing Mercys staff. Disappearing again, and recovering the vent. I motioned my hand towards the exit. She nodded and gripped her staff. The vents got larger near the exit, so we managed to get into a crouch position. Much more comfortable than crawling. Angelas stomach pain is beginning to worry me. I've begun to recall a few nights ago when we... I hope I'm wrong, a little bit. The guards by the exit weren't as armed and there were only 3. I turned to Angela and gave her the signal, she blasted a blue stream of light, then I kicked out the vent and dropped down. She followed, gliding down safely behind me. The guards pulled out their guns and begun to shoot. I pulled out my katana. "So much for a quiet escape.." I smiled. I leaped over the cover and knocked the gun out of the guards hand, slitting his throat and moving to the others. My body felt energized, powerful. I can see why Angelas staff is so usefull. The guards were dead. But the alarms were already blaring. The doors were starting to close. "Hurry!" Angela dived under the door and I rolled under as well. The door just barely scathing my helmet. Angela and I panted out of breath. "Come on." I held her hand and helped her into the nearby woods, setting her down against a tree. "We should be okay for now..." I said, sheathing my sword and taking a look around. "But if we want to keep warm and cook. We will have move further." I settled down next to her. "A fire would be to alarming this close." She grinned and sat quietly. "Listen." I stayed quiet. Aside from the noises from the base. It was nice and peaceful. Birds distantly chirping made it all the more beautiful. I smiled as well. "Well, it is gonna get cold soon. Lets move" Angela nodded and readied her staff, healing me up as we walked. A plentiful supply of many fruits and animals laid in this forest. The trees with the fruit, however, were quite tall. Angela laid down on the grass as I climbed up. Tossing down fruit as she caught them. "That's good!" She yelled. I climbed down and she giggled. "What?" I asked. She leaned forward and picked a leaf out of between my armour cracks. "Hehe!" She laughed again. I smiled and playfully nudged her. She nudged me back an eventually it turned into small punches. But it dies down and soon we watched the sun go down and the stars light up the night sky. Making the world so much more pretty.