Chapter 27: Always With You

'U-um guys... I have something to say,' I stuttered out loud while my throbbing heart ached deep inside. As they turned their heads around to hear me out, I felt my gaze meeting Mingyu's for a fraction of a second.
'I-I'll be leaving Pledis in a few days...' The words I had been holding in slid out of my tongue. I looked up to see a mix of shocked, confused and heartbroken expressions.

'MWO?' The8 shouted, hardly catching a breath.
'You're kidding...' Seokmin whispered in pure shock.
'No way, noona... No way.' Hansol choked, reaching forward to grab my hand. 'Tell me this isn't real...'
'Lee Chan if you're in a dream please wake up now,' Dino said while slapping himself on the face repeatedly.
'When you had finally come back to us...' Wonwoo sighed while pulling me into a tight hug. The whole room radiated a wave of tenseness and I couldn't find myself able to talk for a while.

'I-I'm not joking... I had a deal with Mr Han to stay until you guys could truly produce your own music.' I assured, tears slipping from the corners of my eyes.
'But we don't want you to go...' Jun shouted while slamming the table harshly, giving everyone a sudden shock.
Seungcheol approached me and gave me a sudden hug, embracing me with all of his might.
'_____-ah... It's a miracle that you came back to us. Now that you're leaving we have no choice but to treasure the time we have left, so lets make it a good one!' The leader promised, making me nod and tear bucketloads.

'I-*hic* I'm gonna mi- miss you g-*hic*guys so much,' I wailed out loud, ignoring my hiccuping.
'NOONAA~' Dino bawled while running into my arms.
'Uri Chan-ah,' I whispered while trying not to cry anymore.

'That's right guys... Let's make the rest of my time here the best or nothing!' I shouted while holding up the trophy gained from tonight, earning a sad but accepting cheer from the crowd.
'This trophy is for _____!!' Jeonghan shouted above the noise. Although everyone felt extremely bitter that I was leaving, I felt a huge weight released from my shoulders.

 Although everyone felt extremely bitter that I was leaving, I felt a huge weight released from my shoulders

~~~~~~

That night I tossed and turned around in my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful and exciting adventures SEVENTEEN and I had been through and although I was sad, my heart soon became accepting of the truth that I would've left someday anyways. It was clear to me that after my departure, I would contact Mr Kim Hyunsoo to hopefully get an official job as a music producer in FNC Entertainment.
From the moment when I accepted Pledis' invite in the very beginning, everything turned out to lead me slowly till where I was now. Words couldn't express my gratitude towards Pledis which was my second home. How much am I going to miss them? I thought deeply while a tear of happiness escaped my eyes.

A farewell party was held for me by the SEVENTEEN members themselves and it was easily one of the best parties I had ever been involved in. All my favourite snacks and drinks kept me going for the night and while I spent my time jamming to their songs, I had so much fun talking to the boys. We played games early-on and later we set up the TV to watch a movie. During the movie, Mingyu sat next to me on the couch and we shared a blanket. While the boys were busy but engrossed in the cheesy romance, I found myself becoming comfortable with him as we joked around.