Chapter 25: Aju Nice

With a pounding heart, I had rejected Seungcheol oppa's confession. I could tell he was hiding the sadness in his eyes so I gave him a hug to comfort him. Feeling sorry was an understatement because I knew I had deeply hurt him but... It was the right thing to do and to prevent further misunderstandings. Very soon Jeonghan, Seungkwan and Soonyoung who had freed up some spare time in their schedules came to help the leader get discharged. The whole process was done very discretely and the group made as little commotion as possible to avoid attention. S.Coups was fully healed now and apologised to Manager Kang for the sudden inconvenience but luckily he wasn't mad at all. SEVENTEEN was now fully focused on their new repackaged album with their major comeback title song Aju Nice.

The whole process of scheduling a comeback shooting and going through multiple meetings were relived again for the boy band's short return in the Kpop scene. I was very very very pleased with the work of all the members during the studio recording of the funky track and with a great team effort they quickly began to focus on choreography. I had a few peeks at the dance routine and to tell the truth, it was totally amazing. Choosing the 4 other tracks to be included in the new album, I had a chat with Jihoon and we came up with 'No F.U.N', title track 'Aju Nice', 'Healing', a solo song for Woozi called 'Simple' and lastly 'Space'. There were not much disagreements to the conversation but I felt that Jihoon became less dependent on my help. 

It was almost time to go... I thought while tear-jerking images of leaving Pledis came into my mind.

After I had finished all my work for the morning, I decided to go take a peek at SEVENTEEN in the main practice room. As I walked in, the hard-working members all looked up with a smile from their dance. I sat down femininely in one of the spare chairs at the back and watched in awe as their new choreography had been finalised and last touches were added. I eyed Seungcheol awkwardly as he followed along with the rest of the group, catching up in completely no time. My gaze diverted itself to Mingyu and found him dancing tirelessly, following the performance teams' lead. His shirt and hair was drenched in sweat and seeing him gaze tentatively into the mirror and working hard made my heart skip a beat. If only he knew how much I thought of him...

After another few dawns of blood and sweat; non-stop practising, the boys were finally ready to start filming their music video.
'How about we get _____ to be the main girl?' Seokmin suggested suddenly during a meeting. Everyone was eager to make me the female heroine of the video... but I had doubts.
'No... I think we should get another girl because malicious comments and scandals about us might surface. And a lot of people see me on public transport every day so they know who I am unfortunately... I think it'll be better for you guys if the girl wasn't me,' I objected although the offer was undoubtedly amazing.
'But I want _____ to be the main girl! Please _____-ah, it will be really cute!' Soonyoung pouted pleadingly.
'Sorry Hoshi oppa... we should get you guys a model or something! Someone who's more professional in acting than me,' I chuckled apologetically. In the end it was decided that the lead female would be a special model from another entertainment company which enthusiastically took up the offer. The members got their hair style and colour changed upon a visit to the hair stylists and the bright lights and big cameras were about to be turned on again. 

The plan of the music video was to show the members' lust for a girl in the contemporary society with doubts, nervousness but heaps of retro colours. On the first day of the music video shoots, I met the YG K+ model and a beauty of a girl: Lee Ha Eun, who would be taking up the role of the main girl. She was so nice to meet in person and we even started striking up a friendly conversation! She was very feminine and really enjoyed acting as well.

'Hello! I'm _____ and it's nice to meet you unnie!' I chanted with a bright smile while giving her a warm hug. She was really ecstatic to meet the members and I could tell that her acting would turn out really really good. 
'Hi _____! Thanks for inviting me here, it's such a privilege to collab with SEVENTEEN!' She exclaimed while putting some hair behind her ear like an angel. 

I lead her to SEVENTEEN's waiting room to introduce her to all the members and eagerly opening the door, we stepped in. The members instantly bowed at the sight of Ha Eun unnie and S.Coups queued the group introduction. 
'Anyeonghasaeyo~' She bowed back shyly and gave everyone a sweet smile while I felt the members falling in love with her. 

'Two angels... I'm in heaven!' Dino said while praying, making everyone in the room laugh out loud.
The directors came into the room and I left quickly for the actors to get debriefed on the music video. Maybe secretly wondering if Mingyu thought unnie was cute was a sin...

Standing at the side watching the boys complete their individual shots with Ha Eun unnie, they were so cute while acting but unfortunately she had to act cold and uninterested. It was funny to see the popping pink confetti explode from their chests and Seungkwan's mini heart attack when the confetti didn't explode. Watching them dance powerfully in suspenders was also an unique experience with shiny black shoes. While the set was taking a break and preparing for another set, I had a long conversation with Jong In, my friend who was in charge of the wardrobe. We asked the Manager if we could go and get some coffee and drinks for the staff to which he agreed, so we headed out to a nearby cafe. 

Mingyu's Point of View

All these days I have bottled in all my feelings for _____. I couldn't bare to believe that she was now with Coups hyung so I asked him if they were together just to be sure. He looked at me weirdly then said they weren't, making my heavy heart lighten and all my anxiousness go away. 

I thought I still had a chance with her but I didn't know how to say it without making it awkward ... I need to tell her. I need to tell her everything before someone else took her away from me. 

When I saw _____ chatting loudly and laughing happily with the wardrobe-man while my makeup was corrected, my hands clenched and a bad feeling loomed over me. At some point during the break, they left the building alone which made me question what they left for. S.Coups hyung came up to me after I saw them leaving and I really wanted to follow them but I ended up talking with him instead. 

'Hey hyung,' I said with a slight smile.
'Hey Mingyu,' He replied.
'Look... I'm sorry for my bad attitudes towards you in the past, I didn't mean it at all.' The leader sighed as he sat down on a nearby chair.
'It's fine hyung, I never took it seriously.' I accepted his apology and we looked into each other's eyes for the first time in a long while.
'Listen Mingyu-ah, I need to tell you something. It's about _____...' He said.
'Go on,' I replied while chuckling.
'Mingyu... please protect her and look after her for us all.' He said slowly while tears gathered in the corners of his eyes.
'All of a sudden, why?' I replied confusedly, my gaze meeting Seungcheols'.

'Because I overheard a conversation between our manager and the CEO a few days ago... Mingyu she's leaving straight after Aju Nice gets released... her job is coming to an end. 

And... And the one she dearly loves is you,' S.Coups finished his sentence.

My heart almost stopped working when I heard his sentence. _____ likes me?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi how is everyone? Recently I've been watching Korean dramas. Any good dramas that I should definitely check out? Leave them in the comments belowww~

Thanks for supporting this fanfiction! I'll continue to do my best too! 

Love you all,

Panda 💃🏻