Chapter eighteen - SHOTGUN!

(a/n-- just FYI, I will try to update more. updating has been hard lately. I have a lot going on IRL, so if I don't update as much, I will make sure to, as much as possible)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shawn's POV

When I see Emily, Melony's best friend, standing in the classroom, I freak. I try to make it look like we weren't doing anything, but it's obvious that she saw us totally making out. Her mouth is dropped wide open, and I try not to freak out.

"Emily, it's not what it looks like, I swear," Melony says, and Emily stands still as if frozen by fear.

"Uh, Mels? Can I talk to you for a sec? Alone." Emily says, and I feel uncomfortable already. I try not to look down because then it would be plainly obvious that I was already nervous as hell.

"Yes. Shawn, stay here." She tells me, and I obey. I stand near my desk, hoping none of the other students come in. I am ridiculously lucky that it was Emily that found us. If it was another student, I could have gotten fired.
-------------------------------
Melony's
POV
-------------------------------
I walk outside the classroom, and into the empty hallway with Emily. She looks at me sternly and I already feel guilty. I knew that something was telling me I shouldn't have kissed him. But I couldn't help it. I couldn't resist.

"Melony Elizabeth Ann Adams." She says, and I frown. I feel bad for her having to come in on us like that. I also felt a little pissed, because that was our only alone time at school.

"Geez Emily, you sound like my mom," I say sarcastically and she frowns more.

"You told me that you guys were a thing, but you know that you can't do that on school grounds." She says, and I get another punch of guilt in my stomach, and I don't really have words to say.

"I'm sorry Em. I told you I was scared to tell because of this. I didn't know it was gonna happen. I don't when anything happens." I say and she looks less mad, but still a little angry.

"Mel, you know that I am happy for you, but you cant abuse the time you have with him. I understand what it feels like to be pulled away from someone that you know and love, for a whole day, but you have to pick and choose your times," she says to me, and I don't have any words. I try to say something but nothing comes out. I am stuck in my own pile of word choices.

"I love him, just as much as he loves me. When he held out his hand to me, to ask me to dance, I felt like the only girl in the world. I have never felt anymore close to a guy, and I probably never will. He is the only one that takes me by chance. Not by permission." I say, and I feel free to say things that make sense to me. I hope and pray in my mind, that nothing bad happens.

"Mels. Only because you're my best fucking bitch, I will let you off the hook. If I had been a teacher, what would you have done?" She says, and I am hit in the face with immediate shock. I never thought about that.

"I don't know, Em. But honestly, I can't say that I wouldn't have done anything. I was scared as hell enough to realize that you were the one in that goddamn classroom." I say, and I feel nervousness. I don't know what could have happened.

Emily knows me inside and out, just like Shawn does, but I am to scared to face my thoughts about what would have happened if it was somebody else in that classroom.

"Melony Elizabeth. You are the sun and moon to the stars. Being your best friend is all I could ask for. But when I see you making out with my teacher, I think that is going a little too far." She says, and I know she is right.