Chapter seventeen - What? I can't help myself when I'm with you.

The next day, I wake up to my alarm and try to reach for Shawn, but he is not there. He had to leave yesterday so my mom didn't find out that I was sleeping with my teacher. I get out of bed and feel absolutely miserable. My inner thighs hurt, and I remember what happened yesterday. I try to stand up, but it hurts. I stand up anyways and wince at the pain. It has never hurt this bad, but it did.

I put on a 5 Seconds of Summer T-Shirt, and a pair of black skinny jeans. I place my long hair in a ponytail and decide not to put makeup on. It takes to long. I decide to go downstairs and wait for Shawn to pick me up. I text Emily while I wait.

Me: Hey Em

EmEm: Oh my fucking lord, Melony. Why haven't you answered me?

Me: I was too scared. I thought you would get mad at me for...

EmEm: for what? Dating Shawn?

Me: yea...

EmEm: why would you be scared. I'm your best friend for fucking life. I would be happy for you.

Me: Ik. But I didn't want to see what was happening to me Irl. I didn't think that I would need ur help. So I shut u out.

EmEm: Tbh, I honestly don't mind. I liked him at first, but I would much rather u be happy than me just wanting someone for pleasure. You know how I am.

Me: yea. But I didn't think that you would help me. Ik it seems crazy that I would think this, but I have been through a lot lately, and I was so bottled up and didn't want to tell anyone.

EmEm: snap out of it. I will always be here for you. You're my sidekick bitch. And I am the fucked up one. You should always know that I love you. You're my best friend.

Me: Thanks, Em. You're the best

EmEm: you know it

Me: me time at lunch. I am going to talk to you normally.

EmEm: okey-dokey. Love you girl.

Me: love you too. see you later

I finish as I turn off my phone. There is a knock on the door, and I get up to answer it. It was Shawn, perfect timing. I open the door and he smiles. He comes closer to me, and slowly pecks my lips. When he pulls away, I give him soft hug and I breath in his strong cologne that overwhelms my nose.

"Goodmorning. I brought Starbucks." He says, and I look up at him. I stand on my toes to kiss his lips and I smile.

"Your. The best. Thank you." I say, hugging him tighter, and he stumbles backward. "Sorry," I say.

"Thank you, and its ok." He says, and I smile.

"Time to go," I say and race him to the car, but he beats me and opens my door for me. "Such a gentlemen, should I say."

"Yep. Learned it from my mum," He says and I smile brightly. 

"No more questions then. Come on." I tease, and he shuts my door. He gets in on the other side and starts the jeep making the engine roar to life.

"You know I love you, right?" He asks, and a blush creeps onto my cheeks.

"Yeah, I love me too," I joke, and he looks at me weirdly. "I'm kidding babe. I love you." He smiles, and leans over to me, lightly kissing my cheek.

"You're too cute." He says, and I laugh.

"Can't get any cuter." I laugh, and he chuckles back.