Chapter Two - Nice of you three to join us!

Mr. Mendes' POV
-------------------------------------
I am sitting behind my desk as I watch the clock tick. I look over the pupils in the room. My eyes fall on Melony Adams as she gazes her eyes up and down my body. As soon as my eyes fall on hers, she quickly looks away, facing her textbook to pretend that she's working. I watch her as she picks up her pencil getting ready to write something on her paper.

Melony's POV
-------------------------------
I hear the bell ring realizing that I still have a free next period since I am failing chemistry, so I slowly pack my things up, making sure that I get all of my stuff. I throw my backpack over my shoulder as I start to walk out of the classroom as I hear Mr. Mendes call my name.

"Melony Adams? Can you come here for a moment?" Mr. Mendes says, as I feel my heart skipping, what feels like, 3 whole beats.

"Yes?" I say as I turn on my heel making a confused look on my face.

"I need to speak to you for a moment." He says as I slowly make my way over to the chair beside his desk, my heart beating 25x faster than it most likely should be.

"I wanted to talk to you about your grades," He says, giving me a small smile/concerning facial expression. "I see that you have a D- in this class, and I thought I might be able to help you by tutoring you. I mean if you would like." He tells me as I furrow my eyebrow together in confusion. He gives me a smile as his eyes check me out, working their way from down to all the way up, as they meet my eyes.

"T-That would be a g-great idea." I stutter, smiling at the way he looks at me

"If you would like, I could drive you home and meet your mum?" He asks me as one of his eyebrows furrows downward, probably wondering if I will agree.

"Y-Yeah, I-I would like that idea," I tell him, starting to regain my confidence as the corners of his mouth comes upward as do mine until we are both smiling with our teeth at each other. The room starts to get a little warmer as each minute passes by.
---------------------------
Last period was over as me, Emily, and her boyfriend, Ty, all headed back to Mr. Mendes's classroom. As we open the door, we see that everyone has already made it into the classroom and the three of us look at the clock realizing that we are late. From my side, I can hear Emily mutter, "Fuck. This is embarrassing." under her breath as we make our way to our seats.

"Nice of you three to join us!" Mr. Mendes says, he smiles at me, walking his eyes up and down my body. This makes me smile.

"Sorry that we're late, Mr. Mendes," I say, making my face glow with a small pink as I hear Mr. Mendes reply to us.

"That is okay, just make sure it does not happen again," he smiles happily, "Now, let us continue. Shall we?" He says as he walks toward the chalkboard, and trails off into one last lesson of the day.

Mr. Mendes' POV
------------------------------------
I hear the bell ring as I make my way over to my desk to grab my leather jacket and keys. Melony packs up slowly as she gestures for me to 'come on.'

"Are you ready to go?" I ask her seeing that she has slung her backpack over her small shoulder

"Yeah. You?" She replies as I nod back.

Melony's POV
----------------------------
We get to the car, and I see Mr. Mendes speed up just a little to open my door for me. I get into the car as he shuts the door for me. I pull my phone out checking my social media really quick. Once I am done, I place my phone near my feet, where my backpack is, as Mr. Mendes tries starting a conversation.

"So, do you like this school?" He asks me as I nod.

"I have a question for you," I say as he slightly turns his head towards me for a slight moment.

"Shoot." He tells me as he puts a small smile on his face

"How old are you, and have you ever been a teacher like this ever before?" I ask him, as he puts a slightly confused face on, trying to think of an answer to my questions.

"First of all, I am 20 years old, and second, this might seem like a lie, being the way I acted before, but yes, I have been a teacher before." He tells me as I furrowed my eyebrows together slightly for a quick moment making a confused face not thinking about the fact that he really has taught before.

"For how long? Teaching I mean." I ask as he opens his mouth slightly to say something.

"About half a year, other than this year." He says

"Did you ever have crushes on your students before?" I ask randomly quickly covering my mouth not realizing that I had just asked a personal question.

"Ummm..... No. Why?" He asks as I quickly think of something to say to what I had just said.

"N-No reason. Just out of the blue." I say as I start thinking about all the OTHER things I could've asked.
——————————————-
Until next time my little dandelions XOXO
~Em