Chapter 6: memories

(Holy shit I'm sorry it took so long ;-;. It wasn't supposed to. Blame YouTube and Writer's Choice (meaning I had a fuck ton of thoughts for this chapter.) so have fun~. Also I'm making sure to say this. Thanks unicronsforlife for all the support and I'm also going to be dedicating people for a chapter if you comment thanks for reading here's the chapter!)

TW: use of drugs, suggestion of death, hints at prostitution, and abandonment. This will get very emotional so if you don't want your feels to blow up pm me and I'll explain with less triggering descriptions.

(A/n - GRAMMAR MISTAKES ARE INTENDED IN PHIL'S DIALOGUE.
Were \=\ was
I \=\ me )

Sometimes, people have memories.

Phil didn't want to have one of those moments at a time like this. But, suddenly, he remembered things about his past in which he wished he didn't. It started with his father dying.

"I'm sorry, but he didn't survive." The one sentence that started it all. That one statement and everything went to hell. If his father hadn't went to work that day, everything would be okay.

His mother started drinking and whoring around. She brought home a different man every night. Phil didn't understand a thing, for he was only six years of age. He only knew that the sound of creaking beds was what he would have to fall asleep to.

His mother would sometimes leave Phil to do whatever. She wouldn't enroll him into school, however, because she was too much of a druggie now to actually drive him and didn't want him walking alone outside. So Phil could only be inside the house, watching tv or reading books his father used to have. He only knew to read because he had to teach himself, not that it was easy of course. But he did learn a little what the words would sound like, but he had to use syllables and he ha no idea what most meant without a dictionary.

The day Phil found out about being an elementer was when he and his mother had a bad fight while she was drunk, and he went to the bathroom to calm down. The sink exploded and he had to clog it up. He found it rather easy, because somehow it just.. Stopped running water. He thought about it and decided to brush it off- but that was just the beginning.

Random times water would start floating in the air. He learned to control it.. Barely. But this was the least of his troubles.

The day he turned seven was his worst nightmare. She dragged him to the car and she almost wrecked it five times, swerving as she was
"high" or "on cloud nine" from the shots she almost just then injected into her veins; known by the cotton balls taped to the inside of her elbow.

Surprisingly she was never pulled over. The cops really needed to stop slacking in this town, it had gotten really bad ever since the chief, also known as Phil's father, died.

She went to the parking lot of a store and dragged him out.

"Look. Mention my name and I'll find and kill you. I'm not your mum. You don't even bloody know me. You're now no longer a real Lester. Hell, I don't take care of you any more. Have fun on your bloody trip to wherever the hell you are going." She pulled out a cigarette after her mini-speech and lit it, taking a drag and puffing it out in his face. "Take this. You'll need it in hell."

She handed him a pocket knife and some money; her last motherly thing she ever did for him. She did care for him, but she couldn't have him around her. She lost her past life in drugs and was in no shape to now have her only child with her.