Chapter 2: Wait!

I don't know what is going on.

Hold on, you don't know who I am. I am Phillip Lester, better known Phil. I'm an elementer*. Meaning, I can control one specific element, and there is four. Fire, water, air, and earth. People say that you would have a soulmate* of the opposite user. So water and fire or air and earth. Sometimes things will change, though, because there may not be an elementer of your opposite. It was also said that if your element helps the other, you may be best friends in life. You know, how water is put on soil to help plants grow or how fire needs air to burn.

I'm a water user. I learned when I was 6 that I could move water around to my own will. Because I'm a water user, it could mean I would never have a soulmate. It's incredibly rare to be a bender of fire. But, sometimes I'm still hopeful.

I go to a special school over the summer. It's like a summer camp, but you live there. So far, there has been only 24 fire users recorded. There's 1089 water users, 3700 air users, and 2998 earth users, in one summer. To be exact, last summer. There wasn't any fire users.

I'm hoping to meet a fire user in my existence. I mean, it may never happen.. But I hope it will.

Who am I kidding?

Well I'm confused for a few reasons. But first let us start at the very beginning– the day I had to become a year-rounder at my school.

I was driving, going the way to the woods (where you would normally go to be teleported) when I felt a sort of tugging sensation. It was telling me to go the opposite direction, but I had just came from the school.

I was expelled because I had accidentally flooded some of the rooms when I had a similar tugging.

The principle is also an elementer, so we told him. He's an earth elementer, and had most likely married his soulmate because he ended up marrying an air elementer.

Well I flooded the bottom level of the school and Mr. Howell said that I needed to become a year round student at the "special school"

But on my way, I felt a tugging to go back. But I kept going.

As I neared the closest route to the woods I saw smoke coming up from the school. The dull, grey, translucent* substance cut through the air as it arose from the land under it.

I immediately went the way I was going in the first place, hoping someone would get the fire out.

As I was coming to the front of the building, I remembered everything. How the air benders would sometimes make lightning and thunder appear, how earth users had always built columns of trees and cliff edges out of nowhere. And mostly how the water elementers had always make it look like they'd drown almost every time they went in a pool of some sort.

It wasn't unusual to see year-round students here. It was the people who would need better control of their special talent.

So I walked to the administrations office, walking in to see the so called "principle" to tell him the news.

"No. You are the best of the classes, you can't be uncontrolled."

"Sir, I have no where to go. Ask Mr. Howell of _____ Highschool. I had repeatedly lost control of my element and need more training."

"Mr. Howell?"

"Yes sir." I answered nodding my head.

"He has a son that goes there. Heard it burned down for an unknown reason.."

"Sir I saw the smoke but he said not to go there again until I can control water and not flood the entire place."

"Fine. Go to your dorm."

And with that I was off.

I went to the hallway my room was at. You can always tell because when you enter a hallway it'll have a tint* to it. Like earth has a green tint, water has a blue tint, air has a white tint, and fire has a red tint.

I went in my room and dropped my stuff.

"Time to unpack my things."

\timeskip/

Once I was finished, I went into the corridors, passing to find the fire bender's dorms.

As I went in a stood in front of room 1.

"I hope to meet one of you."

And with that I went outside, beside a lake, and sat trying to control the waters.

"Elementer"- a person who can control an element. The source of the name came from a mortal who understood, and decided to name the element benders so. The name has been said to identify these people ever since.

"Soulmate"- the person you were born to be with.

"Translucent"- you can see through something, but the image is foggy. The item you are looking through with both criteria would be a translucent item.

"Tint"- sort of a background colour. (Let's say white, for example. If it looked to be blue but was white, it would have a blue tint to it.)

I'm not sorry.
I'm really not sorry.
Just don't say anything about cliffhangers.
Guys I'm actually going to try to update every day but I can't promise it.

Okie well I, Alexander, just wanted to say that.

Bye.