Chapter Twenty-Five

🐯Sophie🐯

After Connor practically forced me to get my things packed, I decided to take a break in the entertainment room. I need a good movie to take my mind off of things. A personal pack favorite is fox and the hound, but I personally love horror movies. So, instead of watching a children's movie, I put on Krampus. Something funny, but still horror.

"Sophie?" I turn on the couch to see Lily standing in the doorway.

Excited to see her, I rush from my comfy seat. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming over?" I give her a hug and she laughs.

"I didn't exactly know I was at first." I give her a puzzled look and she waves me off. "I heard you got taken and tortured." Hearing her say it just makes it worse. It's gotten as far as her pack. That means it's common knowledge to any pack within a hundred miles. "Are you okay?" She gives me a worried look and I shrug.

"I'm much better now. Connor and Hunter saved me before anything serious was done." I walk back over to the couch and plop down on it.

"Speaking of which, how are you and Connor? I would think that with you having been kidnapped, he wouldn't leave you alone for longer than a second. Everything alright in paradise?" She asks me.

I heave a dejected sigh and she sits down beside me. "Him and I are fine. I'm just, I guess I'm having conflicting emotions about something."

Lily gives me her 'elaborate-or-I'll-make-you' look.

I don't say anything and Lily crosses her arms. A second longer and I feel her start to get angry. "Sophie, you have to tell someone. If not me, then who? Your dad?"

I groan, but, of course, she's right. "Fine." She waits patiently as I try to come up with the words to explain it. "Connor thinks it would be best if I disappear."

Lily gasps. "You can't be serious?" I nod and she grumbles under her breath. "And what do you have to say about this?"

"I know he's right."

"And you feel trepidation why then?"

I look over at her, her arms crossed and eyes narrowed, you'd think she was ready to kill. "I can't just disappear, no matter how sensible it sounds. I agree, it's what should happen, but I just can't seem to get my mind and heart to agree on that."

"And why not?" Lily always asks the right questions, now whether or not I can always answer them is another thing entirely. "I'll tell you why, because you are the Tigress. Despite the fact that you haven't yet called upon your clowder, doesn't mean you lack one. You can't leave what, in a sense, is your pack. You have a duty to them."

"Called upon my clowder? What are you talking about, Lily?"

"You really should have read that book." She glares at me, but then groans and uncrosses her arms. "When you decide whether or not you want to keep your tigress, you awaken your Clowder. That means everyone you need, to be everything you need to be, will go through a change of their own."

"You mean they'll turn into tigers, like in the book and my dream." She looks at me, puzzled.

"Not exactly. From what I know, they won't be tigers like you." I nod and she looks at me. "The Tigress inside of you is unwilling to leave without them with her."

I hear a voice calling my name. "Sophie." I turn to the doorway, but no one is there.

"Did you hear tha-" I turn back to Lily, but she isn't there anymore.

"Sophie." The room around me becomes muddy and seems to dissolve from infront of my eyes.

"Sophie! Wake up." My eyes fly open and I sit up on the couch.