Chapter Fourteen

🐯Sophie's P.O.V.🐯

Connor and I walk over to my brother's dorm. He's been off since he came to get me. I hope it's not because of my brother. He's really a sweetheart, just a bit scary.

I look up at him, hoping to calm him down. "It's okay. My brother is a big teddy bear when it comes to me. I'll tell him everything and you'll be fine." I say reassuringly.

He gives me a small smile that doesn't really meet his eyes. He's definitely still worried. "I know everything will be fine. I'm just worried he'll think that I'm not good enough." I can see the lie in his eyes.

"Why are you lying?" He looks at me shocked. "Mate bond Connor." He nods in understanding.

"I, uh, got stopped by your rogue friend. I don't really like him. He gives me a bad vibe." I stop in my tracks. He met Hunter?

"What did he say?" The guy had me intrigued since he said he wouldn't hurt me.

"He said he has patrols watching you, which I don't understand because this is school grounds. There's no way the headmaster would willingly allow rogues to live in the woods." He pauses. "I'm tempted to tell the headmaster about them."

"No!" He looks down at me with a worried look. "He promised he nor his men would ever hurt me. If he's protecting me then just leave him be." He nods his head and clears his throat.

"So, do you like this guy?" Is he serious? "I mean, if you do..." He doesn't finish his sentence.

"I don't like him. Not that way. I barely know him. I barely even said a whole sentence to the guy." Connor sighs and I can feel him physically relax.

"Good. I had no idea where I was going with that. I'd be physically and mentally crushed if there was someone else." He turns to me. "You are mine. No one else's." I laugh at his possessiveness, but nod.

"I won't belong to anyone else." We get closer to my brother's dorm and I take my arm out of his. "It's probably better if we break this to him slowly, that way he doesn't get angry all at once." Connor nods and walks beside me.

We get up to the door and he opens it for me. I walk in and notice the interior is very close to my dorm, except it has more guy like furnishings. More horns and claws, you know, guys stuff. My dad's office is covered in this kind of stuff.

"Your brother is probably in the living room." Connor says as I walk partially behind him. We walk into a large, spacious room with a huge flat screen tv. "Hey Greyson." My brother turns and glares at him. Once my brother stands up he immediately changes. His eyes show worry as he comes to me and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm glad you came to see me. I was so worried about you when I was told you ran off into the woods alone. It's good that Connor here was able to take you back." He doesn't look at Connor, but instead pulls me into another hug. "You aren't hurt, right? Dad made me promise I would protect you. I would've come to check on you last night but the headmaster told me it was better that no guys went into your dorm for a while. Which includes me, sadly." I glance at Connor who was in my room late last night. My vision only flickers to him for a second, but my brother notices it and stares at him. "Why did she look at you when I mentioned that? Were you in her dorm past curfew last night?" My brother's eyes pierce through Connor and I see him actually gulp. Was Greyson really that scary? Apparently so.

I speak up in place of Connor. "No, he came to check up on me this morning." I say. "Can we sit down?"

My brother stares at me, worried again. "Yeah, are you okay? You didn't get sick did you? What kind of sickness can were..." He stops and looks at Connor. "He knows, right?" I nod. "Can you get what werewolves can, or are you completely different?" He asks worried.