| cнapтeг 20 ❤

Start from the beginning

I walk out the house and drove to Starbucks. I walk in and sat in front of stacy. She lives closer to Starbucks than I do. "Good afternoon" I said.

"Why am I here, Ciara?" She said, tilting her head to the side.

"I need the spare key to Chresanto's house," I said.

"What makes you think I still have it?" She raised a brow.

"Oh, c'mon," I started. "We both know you're still in love with Chresanto, and we both know you didn't throw that shit away"

"And what makes you think I'm gonna give it to you?" She said.

"I haven't seen him for four days. I assumed something is wrong; you're my only hope"

"What makes you think I wanna help you?" She smirked.

I rolled my eyes and got up. I stormed out of the door. She was really working on my nerves with all these damn questions. I leaned against my passenger door. I dialed Chres' phone number again. But, he didn't answer. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I need to think of something else.

"You need to stop taking things seriously," Stacy said, walking towards me. "I was playing around,"

I rolled my eyes. "Did I look like I was playing? I'm really worried about him, Stacy"

She slid her purse off her shoulder. She took out her keys and took a gold key out of the key chain. She handed to me. "Here,"

I took it and did a small smile. "Thanks, I'll give it back to you tomorrow"

She shook her head. "Keep it." I furrowed my eyebrows. She noticed my face expression. "I figured its about time I let go of Chresanto,"

I nodded. "Well, thanks, again"

She went to her car as I went to mine. I sped down the streets to Chresanto's house. I parked in his driveway and ringed the bell. I opened the door with the key when I heard a glass shattered.

I stepped in his house. My jaws dropped. His living room was full of broken glasses. He looked at me and sat on a couch. I was standing there, frozen. "What are you doing here, Ciara?"

I look at his bloody hand. "What did you do?"

"Answer my question first." He snapped. Well then.

"I was worried, Chres" I started. "You never answered my calls, and you never came over. Stacy gave me the spare key"

"I don't want you to see me like this," He look down at the mess he made. I saw a tear fell out of his eye. That broke my heart.

I walk over to him and sat down. He tensed when I put my arm over his shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"My mom," He cried. "D-died"

My heart shattered. "Mrs. August died?" He leaned his head against me and nodded. Tears fell out my eyes. "Is that why you were ignoring me?"

He stood up and punched the wall. That scared me. "I wasn't there for her! She took her last breath and I didn't even get to see her"

I stood up and grabbed his arm, stopping him from punching the wall again. "Stop, Chres."

"You don't know how it feels like, Ciara" He said, clenching his fist. "I can't take this pain"

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, I don't know how it feels like?" I raised my voice. "Have you forgotten that both of my parents died including my grandma?"

He didn't say anything. I embraced him. We stood there crying. It honestly hurt me to see him like this. I pulled away and sat him down. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that"