"You're right, Elijah. I am." And playfully kissed his cheek. Because of what I said and because of my small gesture he widely grinned at me. But I just couldn't stop myself. "But you really should look up to how Kol combines his outfits, because none of these pairs of shoes fits with a suit that you're going to wear at the ball." All room was full of my other siblings' laugh, while Elijah was clearly pissed off. It wasn't like I didn't tell the truth. Those brown shoes really didn't fit with his black tux.

"Ohh... How we missed you, Ari." Kol said to me. I smiled at him and said.

"I missed you all too."

Suddenly, the doors flew open and Niklaus walked in with a very angry face. This is not good...

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" Niklaus started shouting at Rebekah. I heard that she went after Elena yesterday and I absolutely support her. Elena stabbed her in the back. I mean, who does that?!

"Here we go." Rebekah sighed.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Niklaus threatened her.

"Niklaus!" I was now extremely angry too.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol asked sarcastically.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself." Niklaus shot back.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol was trying to hit the nerve.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside." For a few seconds both brothers stared at each other until Esther entered the room.

"Enough! Niklaus. Come." She demanded and Niklaus followed her into another room. I let a loud sigh. I was so disappointed with Nik.

"Come, Ari. We need to catch up and take a rest from all of these men." Rebekah grabbed my hand and pulled me out.

Thank God... I really need a woman company.

*********************************

We both were sitting at the "Grill" about for an hour now, catching up with the years that we didn't see each other. It was so good to finally talk with her. Niklaus and Rebekah were always the ones that I trusted the most from Mikaelsons family.

"So..." She looked at me with a glimpse of amusement in her eyes. "How are you and Elijah doing? I'm not blind, if you think that I didn't saw that little kiss." She smirked. I knew that I can't avoid this conversation.

"I gave him a chance." I mumbled not looking at her. She squealed like a teenage girl and almost jumped from her seat. Because of her action a few people looked at us strangely.

"I knew that you'll finally get together again!" She said to me.

"Wait. I gave him a chance, but that doesn't mean that we are together." I stopped her and sighed. "I can't let my heart be shattered again. I want to take everything slow and he wants that too."

"But even after all this time you still love him, don't you?" Rebekah curiously asked the question that I dreaded.

"I'm afraid, yes. Even after everything that he has done to me, I still feel about his this way." She didn't say anything after that, so I decided to tell her what happened yesterday. "Yesterday, after the dinner, he came in to my room and said that he wants to be worthy to be with me and promised me that he will never leave me or let me leave him ever again."

"Then you don't need to worry about anything, Aria. I know that he truly have feelings for you. We all do. You just need to give it some time and you both will be ready to confess your feelings for each other. Besides, we all know that Elijah never brakes his promises." She smiled at me. I knew that I made a good decision by telling Rebekah everything. She always knew what to say and how to help me.

"Thank you, Bekah." I thanked sincerely. "Let's talk about you. So who are you planning to take to the ball?" I wiggled my eyebrows. She took the envelope out if her purse and showed me. On the front of it was beautifully wrote "Matt Donavan".

"Isn't that the blond bartender?" I asked her with a grin on my face and found Matt standing at the bar. Rebekah nodded.

"I planning to give him this, but I'm not sure if he'll agree." She said quietly while looking at the envelope. I took her hand and sqeezed it a little bit.

"Bekah, you're beautiful, smart, funny and everything that any man would want. I know you from your birth, so listen to me when I say, that if he says "no", than he's the biggest fool on this earth. So go! I'll wait here." I encouraged her. She stood up and went towards the bar, but stopped to Elena's and Caroline's table.

"Careful, Caroline. It's all well and good until she stabs you in the back." I heard Rebekah say.

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals." Elena tried to protect herself from Rebekah.

"Get over yourself Elena. It's not all about you." Rebekah said exactly what I thought and walked to Matt and invited him to the ball.

Thank God he agreed to go. I wasn't really in a mood to do any dirty work today.

**************************************************

Hi guys!

I, personally, LOVE this chapter. Let me know what do You think about Elijah's and Aria's little moment.

Vote and comment!

Thank You!💖