Chapter Seventeen: Cheater

*Third Person P.O.V.*

"D-Do you remember when I went out the other night?" He asked with a guilty tone.

"Yes, why?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Well I just went out then Laito picked a fight with me... about you." He explained.

"Okay?" I said confused.

"Well then he punched me... and I got really angry. I didn't want you to see me that way so I went to a bar. To calm my nerves." Explained with a guilty tone.

"I think I know where this is going." Yui thought to herself. She started to tear up.

"Well I got drunk and made a really bad mistake. I do love you.... but I slept with someone else." He looked down, eyes filled with disappointment.

*Yui's P.O.V.*

"Oh... I'm going now." I said trying not to cry. I felt the tears trying to pour out of my eyes. I ran to my room because I didn't want him to see me cry.

"How could he! I was there! Through all of the hurt, laughter, and hard times!" I yelled out loud. "I want to forget..." I said tearing up.

*Ayato's P.O.V.*

I ran after her but the I stopped after she slammed the door. I heard everything she said... She was right. I was horrible and she's been there. I need to make this right but I don't know how.

*Yui's P.O.V.*

My heart is bursting out of my chest.. I want to make it stop. I soon fell asleep crying.

*The next morning*

My eyes hurt from crying. They're red and puffy. Can this just stop?

"Hey..." I heard someone say hesitantly. I turned around to see Subaru.

"Hmm" I replied. Before I knew it I was in a tight embrace.

"W-What are you doing?!" I asked confused.

"It looked like you needed a hug." He said sympathetically. I ended up being melted into the hug. It felt nice and warm. It made me feel a bit better.

"Thank you Subaru. You're the best." I said looking down sadly.

"Now what's wrong Yui?" He asked. I explained the entire situation to him but he just ended up getting angry.

"I will kill him." He said calm but angrily. He then let go of me and punched a wall.

"What'd you do that for!?" I asked frantically, "Reiji is going to kill us!!"

"No. No one is going to hurt you while I'm around. You're my bestfriend." He said firmly. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"You honestly made me feel so much better." I said as he hugged back.

Then suddenly Subaru got punched and I was knocked down. "What are you doing on my wife!?" Yelled a familiar voice, it was Ayato.

"She's not yours anymore. You don't deserve a person as amazing as Yui. You're nothing but cheating trash." He angrily said. I was taken back by his words but he wasn't wrong. I looked down avoiding any eye contact with Ayato. I then crawled near Subaru to check if he was alright.

I saw Ayato step back. One step after another. "I'm sorry..." he admitted and then walked away moping.

[To be continued...]

Did you ever think Ayato would cheat on her? I didn't either!