chapter nineteen - giggly girl

"Mama, look!" Willa said, running towards her mama with a small crab in her hand. Raider and Leo chased after the child, both covered in sand and smelling of seawater.

"Let's see, babygirl," Lauren said, taking the small hand in her own and looking between the closed fingers.

"Can I keep him?" Willa asked.

"Baby, his home is in the ocean. You can look at him but you have to put him back," Lauren said, smiling lightly when Willa stroked the crabs back.

"Can I go put him in the water?" Willa asked, pointing behind herself to the waves hitting the shore.

"Only up to your knees. You still need someone with you when you swim."

"Okay," Willa jumped up and ran back for the water, Raider and Leo standing up from where they got comfortable.

"So tell me more about Mani," Lucy said, kicking her friend's arm from where she was laying on the beach towel tanning.

"You know her, dummy. What else is there to tell you?"

"What made you fall in love with her?"

"I don't know. Just who she is I guess. She's just been there for me a lot and – there's literally no words. It's just Mani. I'm in love with who she is."

"And what's holding you back?"

"For one: she's straight-,"

"You said you were straight," Lucy teased, earning a handful of sand on her stomach. "Bitch," she mumbled.

"Mani has never shown any interest in girls. Another thing is we work together. If I make things weird then I may ruin Fifth Harmony forever."

"Yeah, but if she does like you then you will be making it stronger."

"Okay, stop making up scenarios that get my hopes up," Lauren scolded, placing her head in her hands to groan before looking up to see Willa jumping over the waves with Raider bouncing right beside her.

"Is she good with Willa?"

"What?" Lauren asked, looking back to her tanning friend.

"Is Normani good with your daughter?" Lucy reworded, sitting up on her elbows and looking at Lauren.

"She's amazing with her. Honestly, Willa is probably the most comfortable with Mani after me, and they have little things that only they do together."

"Like..." Lucy prompted.

"Like folding the socks from the laundry. Willa finds the pairs and Normani folds them together. Normani also calls Willa her princess. It's her one and only princess. Willa loves that."

"Socks and princesses. I'd say you've got a match, babe."

"I still couldn't do it," Lauren said, shrugging her shoulders. "I love her too much to lose her."

"Mama, can I bring these home to DJ, Mani, and Ally?" Willa asks, running with a handful of seashells.

"Those are very pretty, WillaBee. I'm sure they'd love them," Lauren said, grabbing a baby wipe from her bag and holding it open for Willa to put the shells in.

"I miss them," Willa admitted as she watched the wipe get folded up.

"I know you do. But are you having fun?" Lauren asked, looking at the time on her phone and deciding it was a good time to get Willa ready to head back so they could spend time with her Mike and Clara. She took a towel and covered Willa's top, grabbing the white shirt she packed.