Jealousy is a Very Dangerous Game

Start from the beginning

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

As soon as we hit the stop light, Dinah meet my gaze. "Jesus Walz, don't you trust—"

"No, I don't."

The Polynesian girl chuckled, "That was ouch."

We both giggled. "Just make sure I won't get in trouble."

"Oh no, you won't."

I felt my phone vibrate against my pocket. I pulled it out and it was a text messages from Shawn.

Baby ❤️
I lost, Camila. I can't take this anymore. I miss you and I can't take every single day that I know we're not okay. I'm sorry. I know what I did to Lauren is unforgivable. I hurt you by hurting her and I'm so sorry. I'm just scared that one day you'll realize that it's still her. I'm scared, Camila. I'm so scared and I need you right now.

Baby ❤️
If you want me to apologize to her then I'll do it.

Baby ❤️
I'll wait for your text, Camila. I'll be here waiting for you. I love you.

Ps. I wrote a song for you. And I hope I can sing it to you personally.

"...do you want to hear it?"

I look up from my phone to meet Dinah's gaze. Unsure of what she's talking about, I just nod my head.

"Um, yeah, sure." I locked my phone and slip it back to my pocket.

Dinah started talking but I can't seem to hear anything. My mind's racing. I can't stop thinking about Shawn and my feelings that slowly fading for him. How can I stop myself from falling out of love to the person I'm suppose to spend the rest of my life with? How can I stop myself from loving Lauren? He deserved someone better and I want to be that person. I think about everything we went through. How happy I am with him. How contented I am whenever I'm with him. I remember what I felt every time he's near. My heart's pounding in my chest. The butterflies flying freely in my stomach. But now... now is a different story.

"... So, what do you think about Crystal and Lauren? She's a cool girl, right?"

I snap out from my thoughts and looked at Dinah a little bit lost. And then it slowly register in my head that she's talking about Lauren and the girl she's dating. I don't know her name but I saw her once outside the house. I don't know anything about her except that she's no where cool and that I'm more prettier than her.

"She looks boring." I replied casually but I make sure Dinah will feel my lack of interest in this topic.

But sadly, she's oblivious.

"Well, I think she's cool. We like her for Lauren. Plus she makes her happy, so not bad."

I stayed silent and didn't say anything. I focus my eyes on the window, wishing Dinah would stop giving me insight about Crystal and Lauren. But she never stop.

"Lauren's really In love with Crystal. Look," Dinah leaned over so I could see her phone. It's a screenshot of Lauren's conversation with Crystal.

Lauren:
I honestly don't know what love is until I met you. You're the first girl I have truly love and I can promise you that I won't love anyone else but you. You're my first and last, Crystal. God! I love you so so much like I really don't think you realized how important you are to me, you are my everything and I never want to lose you 🥺 you will never accept it but I think your perfect. Your brown eyes, your perfect curly hair, your lips, everything. I can't wait until I can be in your arms again ❤️ I love you so much, Crystal.
Sincerely,
Your LJ.