To allow (15)

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

*Flashback On*

I drummed the tip of my fingers on the thick old wood of the table as my gaze got lost in the gas bubbles inside my glass. I was inert, almost out of orbit in that environment. We were still in the park where the town's fashion show had been held, in which Camila had been the winner. Even with the permission of the Cabellos for us to use their house to celebrate the Latina's victory, we decided together that it would be best to enjoy the fair a little more. In a general sense, the night was being lively, with the collaboration of musicians, dancers, and a huge area with an improvised amusement park, but nothing could change my current mood, which by the way, sucked. The reason? The reason was right there, in front of me, with a broad and charming smile towards Veronica Iglesias. Camila looked radiant. It was nothing more than the combined effect of several tequila shots and the joy of having been qualified for the state's fashion show in Miami. It was quite a victory. I was happy for her, but I didn't share the excitement that everyone there seemed to have. And all because my brain seemed to turn the closeness between my friends into something completely absurd.

Hell.

I simply couldn't control the irritation at the sight of them like that. Camila seemed so happy, so connected to Iglesias, that it made my presence almost insignificant. I watched firsthand, the glances, the smiles, the embraces and gestures that could soon become something more, if it hadn't already. What if they were starting to like each other? No, Camila liked me, right? I closed my eyes tightly, trying to recreate in my mind all the events I pretended to forget.

"Is everything alright?"

I opened my eyes and faced Allyson's curious eyes. Her gaze was attentive towards me, worried, as if there was something wrong with me.

"Yes, why?"

"You seem distant, or upset." She said as she savored the strawberry ice-cream from the cup in her hands.

"I'm fine, just a little tired." I shrugged, while she still watched me attentively, as if she wanted to verify the truthfulness in my words.

"You sure?"

I looked away from her gaze and took another sip of the Coca-Cola in my glass. "Yes, I'm sure."

My eyes landed on the Latina on the other side of the table, she was laughing cheerfully at something that was being discussed, making me sigh at the delightful sound of her laugh. I allowed myself to watch her for a few instants, noticing how charming Camila's smile was. Her cheeks tightened as her lips expanded, showing her white teeth in one of the best smiles I've ever seen, but the best was to see how her eyes accompanied the act, they gained a radiant glow, almost hypnotizing.

"I knew you'd win! I just knew it! You were the most beautiful girl there!" Vero exclaimed, depositing a kiss on the brunette's cheek.

"Don't exaggerate! There were a lot of beautiful girls there."

"Not more beautiful than you, baby."

I rolled my eyes impatiently, even knowing that Camila was now watching me. I saw her smirk, but I didn't know if it was because of my visible irritation, or if it was merely a consequence of Veronica's compliments.

"If it was up to you, I'd win Miss Universe."

"I'm glad you know that!" Veronica smiled, wrapping one arm around Camila's neck.

"Do you think I'd win, Lauren?"

"What?"

"Miss Universe?!"