Connections (14)

NOTE: The video/teaser was made by the incredibly talented Juliana (JaureguiMalik25 on twitter), who also makes those perfect manips for Checkmate and for this fic. The whole trailer is coming soon ;) Enjoy. For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to the song "Wonderwall" by Oasis :)

-----

Lauren Jauregui's Point Of View

I stared at my reflection in the mirror one more time as I gently applied the lipstick on my lips. The color was in perfect harmony with the rest of the makeup, which was light, highlighting only my eyes. I ruffled my hair, which was now loose, wavy and very dark. I opted for a red dress that reached just above my knees, with light fabric, thin straps, and with a delicate 'V' neckline. And on my feet I had black high heels. Then, I headed for the dresser, where I picked up my black leather jacket. As I descended the stairs, I could notice Normani's and Martha's presence, they were both beautifully dolled up, lavishing their beauty.

"Good Evening, Lauren!" Normani said as soon as I approached.

"Good Evening, girls."

I flashed a weak smile at Martha who reciprocated in the same way. It was obvious that the model wasn't comfortable with me, just like I wasn't with her. If Hunt was really observant, she'd feel that there was something between Camila and me.

"Where are the others?"

"Camila was just here, but she went to call Dinah."

"Always late."

"Already talking about me, Jauregui?" I heard my best friend's voice echo through the environment, making me look at her in a jolt.

My eyes, instead of landing on Dinah, they focused on Camila, who was standing next to her. The Latina looked divine, as usual. On that cool night, she opted for a long, high waisted, beige skirt with light fabric, which had a large slit on her right thigh. On the upper part of her body, Camila had a navy blue cropped top that showed a bit of her belly. Her hair was more wavy, indicating that she had done something special in her tresses.

"Maybe." I replied to Dinah.

Camila flashed me a smile as soon as she stood beside me.

"You look beautiful." I whispered only to her.

"You look beautiful too, Lauren."

"Is everyone ready?" Martha asked, drawing the Latina's attention.

"Yes. Where are we going?"

"I made reservations at a restaurant downtown, it's wonderful."

"Perfect."

We all went together in one car, there were five of us, even though I only wanted us to be two. Dinah sat down next to me, on the passenger seat, since Camila was on the backseat with Normani and Martha. Dinah knew that my excitement for that night had gone down the drain, and every now and then, she took care of glancing at me, as if to ask me to remain calm. Dinah knew me very well. I confess that my true will now was to stay at home and completely forget about that night. It wouldn't have the end previously planned.

"This place looks great!" Dinah exclaimed as we stopped in front of the establishment that I had chosen.

"I know a wonderful restaurant, and in my opinion, it's better than this one." Martha suggested.

"Hmm? Really?" I asked as I looked at her through the rearview mirror.

"Yes, Jauregui. A very refined place, with one of the best wine stocks in this city!"