Forgetfulness? (11)

Karla Camila's Point Of View

I couldn't stop thinking about Lauren's words. Maybe it was the drink, or the excitement of the moment, but in that instant I felt good by knowing that she was still in love with me. I knew I shouldn't, it was a mistake to let my guard down like that, but something prevented me from making her presence totally insignificant. I could fight with her, provoke her, and even then, that would still be a way to have as much contact as possible with that woman.

"Don't be a fool, Camila!" I grumbled upon entering my room.

I closed the bedroom door, and dropped my high heels in some corner of that suite. I walked to the minibar, grabbing one of the water bottles that were positioned in the door. I drank the cold liquid, I'd need to hydrate myself if I didn't want to wake up drunk, or even hangover. I leaned against the wooden dresser beside me, letting my thoughts recreate the businesswoman's sweet kiss. Unlike the kisses we exchanged last time, that one was different, I had really surrendered myself, letting myself feel, like the old Camila. Lauren had a wonderful kiss, addictive. I touched my lower lip with my index finger, in an attempt to feel the softness of that woman's lips.

"No, no!"

I don't know for how long I stayed thinking about what had happened that night, everything seemed to revolve around her, and even when I tried not to think, I thought, and it was amid so many thoughts that I fell asleep. On the next day, I woke up without any headache, or sickness; I thanked inwardly for that, after all, facing an intense photoshoot with a migraine wasn't the best option. After a long warm shower that left my muscles totally relaxed, I got ready to go downstairs and have breakfast alongside the other models. I looked at my reflection in the mirror as I finished releasing my hair that was tied in a neat ponytail. On that sunny morning, I opted for a long white skirt with extremely light fabric, and with a huge slit in the right thigh; on the top part, I had a blouse of the same color, it had long and loose sleeves, however, it left my shoulders and stomach totally free. I straightened my hair, which had a partially wavy appearance, and then put on my flat sandals.

I descended the stairs and walked to the garden, where breakfast was being served. Not all the models were present, perhaps some were really suffering from last night. I greeted some people, until I saw Normani sitting at a table at the back, totally focused on her inseparable iPad.

"Good Morning, Mani."

"Look who finally decided to come down, I thought you were hungover and would have to order breakfast in bed." My best friend said with a smile. "Good Morning, Mila."

"Actually, nope, I feel very good. I drank a good amount of water and took some meds for migraines, and I feel good as new now." I pulled the chair and sat down, right next to Normani.

"What about you? You had so much fun with Dinah last night that I thought you'd be exhausted this morning."

"We danced a lot, she really knows how to have fun and enjoy a party."

I was silent, just staring at her with a somewhat suggestive little smile, which made the woman roll her eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, Karla. Whatever you're thinking, it didn't happen at all. You know that the only person who likes women here is you." She retorted quickly.

"I didn't say anything. You're the one talking as if I'm accusing you of something." I shrugged, pretending to be oblivious.

"I know you well enough to know things before you even open that mouth to speak."

I let out an amused laugh and nodded.

"True, you really do know me. And you know what I think about that."