She Isn't What We Thought She Was

Comincia dall'inizio

"Mom?" Frisk raised an eyebrow at the girl and got a shrug from her adoptive mother.

Suddenly, the blob started to choke as everyone in the room noticed. Alex and Michael just looked at each other with confusion on their faces, then looked at the blob. Kubo and Asriel did the same thing the two human siblings did while Frisk's eyes were wide like quarters. Soon, the blob choked out two people that the group was very familiar with. Jonas and Blake.

"Oh gosh, Jonas?" Alex stood from the couch, hearing a groan from her stepbrother.

"I am so getting nightmares for that." Jonas said before he sat up and turned to Blake, who had sat up as well. "You okay, Blake?"

"I'm fine. I'm just sore from what happened over there." Blake replied, then groaned with pain with an arm over her chest. "I should have known."

"We all should have known."

"Should have known what?" Alex wanted to know.

"Guys, Blake and I found something at the base." Jonas said before standing back on his feet and helping Blake back up.

"What did you guys find?" Asriel asked.

"It's about Cassie." Blake groaned with pain again before Jonas led her to the couch.

"What about Cassie? Did you find her?" Frisk asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, but the girls that attacked Ruby, they were at the base as well."

"Was she captured by them or something?" Alex asked.

"No, she was with them. She had been working with them after all this time." Jonas replied.

"Jonas, what are you talking about?" Alex crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, watching as Jonas pulled out a flash drive from his pocket and turned to Toriel.

"Toriel, do you have a computer I could use?"

"Yes. I will get it." Toriel nodded before leaving the living room once again to get her computer.

As soon as Toriel returned with a purple laptop in her arms, she placed it on the table and turned it on before Jonas plugged in the flash drive. The whole group soon watched a recording of Cassie and Winslow walking in the park up to a fountain before they saw the girls approach her. Instead of running away, Cassie turned around and looked at the three girls, then started speaking to them. The whole group heard their conversation, and as soon as it was done, their eyes widen as they watched Cassie and the girls walk away from the camera's sight.

"Jonas, you weren't lying!" Alex exclaimed with shock. "She was working with them!"

"But what about the car that almost ran over her like roadkill?" Michael asked.

"That car, it was nothing but an illusion." Blake explained. "She had been messing with us after all this time. She's been playing pretend with us!"

"But I thought she was-" Asriel was cut off.

"Asriel, Cassie was not human. She was a Strange One after all this time." Jonas said. "I don't what kind of Strange One she is, but all we know is that she's not human at all."

"Where did you last see her?" Frisk asked.

"Blake and I were at the Delta Base looking at the recordings. We were about to warn the others, but that was when Cassie came by and revealed herself and the girls."

"Why would they be at the base at night?" Toriel raised an eyebrow.

"They're looking for crates full of vials of Liquid Hate." Blake said.

"Liquid Hate?" Michael said as he raised an eyebrow.

"It's an ink-like substance that is more dangerous than Liquid Determination." Alex explained. "If you're wondering what Liquid Determination is, it's a red liquid that is very powerful."

"Why would Cassie and the girls want Liquid Hate anyway?" Frisk wanted to know.

"Something about a weapon, I guess." Jonas said with a finger on his chin. "We don't know what kind, but it's a weapon."

"I knew it. I knew it." Kubo paced back and forth the living room. "I knew there was something untrustworthy about her. I knew she wasn't good!"

"This isn't the time for an 'I told you so' moment, Kubo." Alex replied. 

"It's the perfect time for an 'I told you so' moment." Kubo argued. "I knew she wasn't good, you were oblivious of her."

"Can we please not argue at a time like this?" Frisk jumped in. "I mean, we were all oblivious. Ruby was oblivious, Asriel was oblivious, I was oblivious, all of us were oblivious of this moment to happen."

"Frisk does have a point. We were completely unaware of this moment." Toriel agreed. "But since this situation is on the rise, we will have to stop it from destroying the peaceful life we have created for everyone."

"What are you thinking?" Alex asked.

"Since Michael is willing to help us, we will have to train him to fight while we search for the girls and bring them to the base."

"Okay," Alex then turned to the girl and her blob, who was resting on her head. "But what about her?"

Everyone else turned to the girl, who was sitting on one of the chairs.

"We will have to call Alphys and Ivor here so they can explain of her." Toriel walked out of the room once again after pulling out her phone and dialing a number.

After Toriel was gone, the rest just looked at each other.

"So, what now?" Kubo asked.

"Michael, can you take Jonas and Blake home?" Alex asked. "I'll meet up with you guys at Weiss' mansion tomorrow morning."

"Okay." Michael nodded, then got off the couch and walked out of the room with Jonas and Blake following.

"Alex, we'll see you tomorrow." Jonas said before leaving the room.

"You too." Alex called, then suddenly, she heard the door close.

Alex sighed and rubbed her face with her hands and ran them down her hair before turning to the kids, each of them near the girl.

"Hi. I'm Frisk." Frisk said to the girl. "And these are my brothers, Asriel and Kubo. What's your name?"

The girl didn't speak back, only keeping her mouth shut and blinking at Frisk.

"Can you talk at all?" Frisk raised an eyebrow, getting more silence from her.

"Frisk, I think she's mute." Kubo said, getting a sigh from her.

"I think you're right."

"Guys, don't worry. Mom is calling Alphys and Ivor." Asriel pointed out. "Maybe they know her name and we'll get to know it also once they come by tomorrow."

"Maybe you're right, Azzy." Frisk sighed again.

Watching as the kids looked at them and the girl, Alex sighed and left the room so she can go to sleep.