Chapter 12: The Fallen Angel

Someone was dead and for once I had no intent to find out.

Slowly, I reached for the lock on the door that separated me from the hallway where millions of murders that had occurred in the past stood and in a stench that involuntarily made my nose begin to bleed. The stench was so deadly that you even saw the toxic faint green gas that filled the unsanitary air.

My hand shook weakly as it turned the lock and then the knob. The door sinisterly creaked open and I was met with a group of people. All them who wore dreading faces, all of them but one.

Adam.

The pyscho who's only goal seemed to get out here by killing anyone he can get his hands. Of course, without breaking the first rule.

You cannot kill if you are not the killer.

As my eyes searched the crowd standing before me, I felt an emptiness in my stomach as I noticed some people were not with us. However, I let out a sigh of relief as I met the horrified eyes of Dani.

I watched as she cautiously stepped forward at me and raised both of her hands, bloody palms facing up.

What did she do? What horrible, unforgivable thing did she do?

In shock, I stepped back and away from her. Noticing my rebel. She looked away to the gnarled ground, ashamed.

"I'm sorry Tyler." she mumbled quietly under her breath.

Following her eyes in the darkness of the hall, it was lead to a hatchet. A bloody and cracked one. As if it had hit something hard. And on the hatchet dripped brain matter and intestines.

I couldn't get myself to look at the devilish thing any longer. Turning my scarred attention away, Katrina reached out to me. Laying her soft, cold hand onto my wrist in a violent pull. I felt myself immediately jerked my hand from her grasp unable to trust anyone. As I left the safety of the group and into the bathroom in which blood splattered itself across the mirror and shower curtains. I was quick to notice that there were two bodies in this room.

Jason and Talia.

I knew that this action meant that it was not the end of the round. Dani had killed two people and that meant she was yet to face a consequence.

Death.

But who was the angel.

As I analyzed the ghoulish crime scene, I noticed the as Talia laid sprawled across the bath tub. Her hand had dropped itself out of the bathtub. Then there was Jason, his hand reaching out to hers. I couldn't believe it. Jason was the angel and he didn't try to save himself. Before he was brutally killed by Dani, we were trying to save poor Talia.

Her blonde curls falling upon her life less face. It saddened me, even though she had killed Samar, I couldn't help but remember that she had saved me once. She had never blessed herself once. She saved me. And that also had made me remember how I saved myself and caused Samar's death to be official.

I was selfish.

Talia didn't deserve to die. She was young. She was pure. She just did what she had to, to survive.

But why? Why did Dani have to kill both of them?

Suddenly, I felt myself have a sudden rush of adrenaline that pushed me to whip my head around inhumanly and storm out of the bathroom. I could feel as my boot squished through the sticky blood that pooled on the ground.

Entering the hallway once again, my eyes scrolled through the now small group of people. My eyes burning with fiery. I no longer cared what I did to make myself noticeable. I had just had it with the dead.

"Where is she?!" I yelled in an inhuman rage.

In the corner of my eyes, I suddenly noticed a hand raised and with a whip of my head, I was met with Alessia. Her innocent eyes gazing at me all while gripping tight to her sister's firm hand.

She seemed scared. But it didn't take me long to realize that she was scared of me.

Softening my attitude, I smiled gingerly and responded, "Yes?"

Her expression still stood the same as she used her free hand to point downstairs.

Giving her a polite nod, my face immediately grimaced back to the way it was with rage as I stormed my way past Adam, almost nudging him down the stairs. Stomping my way furiously downstairs, I stopped.

In the living room that stood before I was Dani in the middle of it. She was shaking and giving off an insect sort of sound.

Cautiously taking a wary step forward, I nearly jumped when I heard Adam, Katrina, and Alessia scurry their way down the stairs.

Turning around to them I held my finger to my lips and whispered, "Something is not right."

They immediately looked around me and to Dani who shook horrendously.

"Dani," I spoke out cautiously, "You're scaring me."

"WE WILL NEVER LEAVE. CAN'T YOU SEE!!" she screeched out.

There was a long pause because I became unsure if it was safe to speak out again to her. As I was about to open my gnarled I was silence to Dani's frantic tone that called to me.

"Tyler, I didn't mean to kill them you know. The old man made me."

She jerked back and forth as if some unknown force was trying to prevent her from saying anything else.

"Please Dani. I don't understand."

"You know, he told me that more people were coming," she said with a sad laugh and suddenly slowly lifted her hand to point to the window, "just go look and see."

I suddenly became overwhelmingly curious. I just had to go look outside. I had never thought to look outside before. But yet I was too scared to go any further to the now believed to be demonic Dani.

I looked back to Katrina who nodded her head assuringly and motioned me forward. Following her directions, I slowly pushed myself to go past Dani and to the window. Being curious, as I passed Dani I looked at the corner of eyes to see nothing but sweaty and bloody hair droop over her hidden face. I couldn't see the horrors that were hidden inside. Would she become what Kayla and Jason had? But I was unknown to the truth so I continued on to the window.

Slowly, lifting the drapes to allow myself to see, I was more than mortified at the terrible sight. Frantically I turned back to Dani to see that her hair had no longer covered her face.