Chapter 10: Truth or Dare Pt. 2

The room became quite. Everyone's eyes were locked onto Jason's inhuman ones. What could Kayla possibly have against Jason? I knew everyone's secret. Everyone trusted me over anyone else to keep them safe. And when one person was having an argument with the other, they would come to me for answers and support. Now, what did Kayla know about Jason that I didn't?

"Truth." Jason confidently grumbling with a disoriented voice.

My eyes continued to move swiftly between both Kayla and Jason's expressions to one another. 

Kayla was amused.

"Okay," Kayla said with a devilish grin, "Remember that day that Dani's old boyfriend was arrested for robbing the convenience store on Bakers Street?" 

I looked to Jason with wandering innocent eyes. What did he do?

Jason gave a nervous nod and fidgeted with his long boney fingers.

"Was it you that pulled the alarm that got Jeremy arrested?" Kayla exclaimed and broodingly exchanged her gazes to Dani and Jason. 

It was quiet and no one spoke until moments later when Dani broke the dead silence. With all this gossip and mess, the only people that were amused were Kayla, the old man, and Adam. It made me sick to my stomach in disgust. 

"Jason, what is she talking about?" Dani wondered all while wiping the old tears from her recent pain.

Then it clicked. It's not what he did. It's what I didn't do? 

"I-I-" Jason managed to speak out, but his gaze drifted to me. Jason then looked at the old man who smiled sinisterly and winked at him.

"I-I... I-It's..." Jason studdered with his words, "Yes."

He then looked to the ground in shame. 

He then turned to Dani who sat quietly across the corner. 

"Dani, I-I..." Jason peeped out, his face almost showing regret and sympathy to what Dani might be feeling.

"No. Jason. No," Dani spoke all while raising a hand up to silence him, "You are just full of it aren't you? First, you get Jeremy arrested to where I can never even see him again, " Dani's tone then started to become violent, "then you kill Brandon. I am gonna do a lot more than kill you. I AM GOING TO RIP YOU APART!!!" 

Dani then shot up from where she sat and pulled out a knife that was hidden in her black-leather jacket sleeve. As she swung out the murderous weapon, I was quick to react. 

But before she was to decapitate Jason, Kayla giggled. Something became off with her. Her silent giggles started to become hysterical laughs. But what really scared me was the bubbling blood coming from her mouth as she snapped it back. 

Dani stopped her action to kill Jason and stared at Kayla in fear. Instead of moving closer to target that sat next to Kayla, she backed away. 

We all watched as Kayla's throat split, revealing the bones under. Her laughs became louder and wicked. Her once soft gentle voice became a dark and merciless.

"W-what's happening to her?" Alessia called out softly from the embrace Katrina had on her. 

Dani dropped her knife as everyone in the room backed away and leaned against the wall furthest away from her. 

"Kayla!" I called out to her.

But it was too late. Whatever was doing to this to her had completed its job. Her shoulders staggered and uneven, but she continued to laugh as black blood dripped down from her eyes. 

"Kayla-" I reached out for her before an unknown hand pulled me back. 

As I turned to face the person who had pulled me back, I was met with Katrina. Katrina pulled me closer to the safety of the wall and leaned in close to my ear. 

"Your friend is gone," she whispered, most likely feeling sorry for me. 

My attention to Katrina changed when Kayla's giggling stopped. I watched as her head just dangled from her spine that bent backward. Suddenly, her head bent forwards and searched all of our horrified faces until her eyes locked on Jason. She tilted head efficiently to the side and shook her way over to him with an amused smile. 

While everyone got as far away from Kayla's course to Jason. Jason stood still, his height looming up to the ceiling. When she got no closer than an inch away from Jason, she immediately raised her hand and wavered it in front of his face. 

Jason plastered himself as much as he could against the wall.

"This little piggy went to market," Kayla humorously said pointing at Jason's left foot.

"This little piggy stayed home," pointing at his right foot. 

"This little piggy had roast beef, " pointing at the left hand

"This little piggy had none," Kayla sobbed to Jason's right hand.

Then her face grew dark and her eyes widen.

"This little piggy went ..." Kayla said slowly twiddling her fingers up his chest, "Wee, wee, wee, 

all the way home!"

I screamed as Kayla pounced on Jason to the ground and started to eat his face out. Everyone in the room began running and pushing their way to the basement exit door. 

No looked back and no one wanted to look back. All we could hear were the screams and crunching sounds of Jason's intestines being devoured.

I quickly staggered my way up the steps of the basement and wiggled my way through people crowding the door. Trying the door, it was locked. 

We were stuck in a room with a psychopath. 

Suddenly, my shoulder was jerked back and I was tossed down the stairs where I fell on my back. Aching in pain, I pushed myself to my feet. But as I got up, I was nose to nose with Kayla. She drooled blood and her breath smelled like rotten flesh. Kayla, still with the nose touching mine, acted dog like and panted with a smile on her face. 

I was too afraid to move. 

Then I heard a battle cry coming from behind her. Kayla immediately turned around to be smacked across the face with a metal pipe from Dani. 

Kayla was thrown to the ground and seemed at her weakest spot. But before I could do anything, Dani grabbed me with her dominant hand and pulled me towards the door. 

Looking up to the door, I saw Adam kick it down. Everyone poured out as Dani dragged me up the creaking wooden stairs. Then looking back down the staircase for a brief second, I see Kayla emerge from the darkness and attempt to claw out at me, screeching. But stepping on a loose board, she fell through the floor and seemed stuck. 

"Tyler! Don't leave me!" she begged. 

I began to cry as Dani pulled me out of the basement and slammed the door with a lock. 

The last words I would ever hear from Kayla was my name, asking, needing my help. But I couldn't, I didn't. 

With tears streaming down my face, I turned around to meet the living room. Everyone was settled on the antic blood-stained carpet. Me being the only one standing.

"Miss Tyler," the old man spoke with a presitige accent of adquit posture while standing in the middle of where everyone was sitting, "Would you care to join us?"