Chapter 8: Dead Love

Two of my best friends have died tonight. First it was Brandon, and now Samar. 

However, something was still on my mind. Who was behind the curtain, hiding with me? If it was Talia, she would have killed me.

The body was warm, familiar even. I recognize it and I can't even out my finger on it.

As Dani brought me to my newly strengthned feet, I tried my best to turn away from Samar's gruesomely slashed up dead body.

Leaving Dani's grasp, I push my way through the crowding people that approach the deadly scene. I passed Kayla, who turned away from me and stared distantly at Samar's state. She seemed to try to also keep distance from Dani. Tension was growing between the two and this can be bad. Extremely bad.

When I bolted my way into the hallway, I suddenly stop in my tracks at a slenderman figure hunching over me like a hanging tree. Jason. His long boned fingernails scrap across the wall, obliterating the old anchient pictures that hang on stubs of rustic nails. When my gaze reaches his murderous eyes that hang out of their eye sockets. 

I hold my breath to cause myself from throwing up in disgust. 

As I scoot my way past him, I almost find myself brushing against his opened up chest with jagged and teared up ribs and black souless heart beating slow and sinisterly. With every breath he takes, I hear as if he was breathing through a static tape player. 

Scurring my way to the living room and locking my eyes on the curtain I was hiding behind, I violently pull them open. 

My heart drops. Before me lays a body. A dead body.

Dean.

Tears begin to whell up in my eyes before I am startled by a sincere voice from behind me.

"Y'know, he was in the round before you and your friends arrived," and with these soft words, I turn around to meet Katrina's gaze.

"H-how?" I wonder, wiping the falling tears and studdering with the word.

Katrina takes a deep breath and sighs. Glancing down at Alessia, who stands safely by her side, she frowns.

"The little boy," she gestured to the eaten alive boy at the base of the staircase behind her, "he killed. Your friend there thought he was helping a innocent little boy. They hid together. And well... You know what happened next."

Turning awway from Katrina with her little sisterby her side, I stare at Dean's lifeless body.

The words repeat in my head. 'He was supposed to be late'.

Suddenly, I hear a sickly groan and sinister slow clap coming from behind me. I reflectively jerk myself to turn around.

Seeing the old man, leaning amusingly against the crackling and rotting walls to the living room, I snarl at him in diguist and disbelief that one human can be so evil.

"Let's play a game," he smirks at me in amusement, " Like a halftime minigame."

Unable to move, I feel the ground start to sink beneath me.

"No, no, no! You can't do this!" I hear Katrina cry out. 

When I try to scream myself, I find my mouth halfway tucked into the floor board. All I can hear is  Kayla and Dani's frantic fading screams come from the kitchen.

As my entire point of view disappears into the floor, everything goes dark.

***

Waking up into what seems a basement, I analyze the room to figure out what I am up against. Suddenly, the old man's silohette figure walks down the creaking stairs of the basement. 

I watch as I blood curling smile rips up is skin, streching from one ear to the other and his eyes narrowing into the green cat eyes. He isn't human or not any more.

He screams out a laughter, that causes everyone in the room to reach for their ears. He stops to pull a hankerchief from his pocket and wipe guts and blood from the corners of his crackled and gnarled lips.

Suddenly, I feels something ooze out of my ear. With a delicate finger, I swipe the liquid from the base of my earlobe. Revealing it into view, I realize that it is... blood.

Tucking the hankerchief back into his pocket, he looks up to scan the room.

"Perfect." He says as his cheeks fluster in excitment.

Patting down his ruffled shirt, he walks with a limp into the middle of the room. As he walks, I notice the room start to reveal itself to me. Blood scowers the walls. In one corner behind Kayla I notice hooks hanging from the ceiling. And hanging from those hooks are bodies. Some familiar and some not.

My heart drops as I see the ones farthest away from me hangs Brandon, Samar, and Dean. The others include people that have already died, I assume. Like the boy. 

But what catches my eye is two identical twins closest to where Kayla sits, shivering on the ground. I recognize these two girls. They were my friends in eighth grade. They went missing a few weeks before we graduated junior high. After all these years, my friends Riya and Raina, somehow got themselves in this mess and eventually, murderously killed. I remember the day we first met and the day they went missing. Their mother become depressed and drove herself to suicide. My friends and I went to all of their funerals. 

Suddenly, my hatred for the old man is fueled. 

"Your a monster!" I scream out.

I immediately regret this decision to reveal myself. First rule. Don't make yourself noticed. Looking at me, Kayla and Dani wonder why I would such a thing at loud. Gesturing my eyes to the back wall behind Kayla, they turn.

I watch as each of the color in their faces are drained out. Probably thing the same thing as I am. Poor Riya and Raina. 4 years. They been here. 

Kayla and Dani then draw there attention back to the old snarling man. They want to scream at him but I shake my head 'no'.

There is no doubt that I will die tonight. 

As the old man turns around, his eyes lock on mine.

"Who wants to play a game of Truth or Dare?"