Chapter 14

(A/n) Shout out to StarSpeckledSycho for being the first to vote and comment on the last chapter!  Yay!

"What?!" Dipper shouted, taken by surprise.

"I want your help."

"I'm really not the match maker type of person." He thought of his sister being the twin more qualified to do that job.

"Oh come on, we would make the ultimate power couple," insisted the blonde girl. 

"I just don't think he feels the same way," he explained, looking away.

"Are you saying I'm not likable?" She asked, offended, making a sad face and putting her hand on her chest.

"No no, it's not that," the brunet put his hands up in defense.   Really not wanting to hurt her feelings in any way, he searched for the right words. "I just don't think that you guys are each other's type."

"But you don't know that. It could be great!" 

"I don't know." He ran his hand through his hair, uncertain if he should do this.

"Please Dipper," the teen begged. She held onto his arm and made puppy dog eyes, puffing her lip out as well. "Pleeeeeease!"

He put his thumb and finger on the bridge of his nose and sighed. "You know what, fine.   I'll ask him to go on one date with you. Just one though."

"Thank you Dipper, thank you, tha-"

Dipper put his hand up for her to stop talking, as he had not finished speaking. "But, if he doesn't want to go out with you after the date, you have to let it go. Okay?"
She nodded, smiling familiarly. "Of course."

~Timeskip~ -brought to you by my terrible art

His walk back was plagued with anxiety of Bill's reaction. Thoughts of worst case scenarios swarmed his senses, causing him to trip on a few surfaced tree roots.  Somehow he managed to stumble his way back to the shack without breaking anything.
Dipper slowly went through the door of the shack, his instincts seeming to take the situation with caution.  As if it would be rude to act so casual with something like this happening -even if it may actually be small.   He wondered if maybe Pacifica was right about herself and Bill going out.  Who knows, they might even get together and stay together. But when he tried to picture it happening, it looked quite unlikely. They just didn't appear like each others' types.

He shrugged it off.  But what do I know?

The brunet looked around the shack, seeking his guest. Not finding him on the first floor, he ventured upstairs. He figured that Bill would probably be in what was now their room. When he went inside, he found out he was right. The blonde teen was sitting on Mabel's old bed, looking at the wall faced away from the door. The sheets that he put on the furniture were a simple pale yellow.  A comforter was still needed, though.

"Hello," Bill spoke.

"Hey Bill," he replied, realizing that the other had noticed him.

"How did it go?" He turned his head to look at Dipper with his visible eye.

Walking over to newly made bed, he found himself not wanting to tell him. Everything was just starting to go good.  What if this ruined things? "Fine," he stated simply, sitting beside the other.

Bill's gaze turned stern. "You're lying to me. What happened?"

"What do you mean?" He was surprised by the blonde's ability to read him.

"I don't like being lied to."  He glared at him slightly.  "So just tell me." 

The younger sighed. "Okay. . . I need you to go on a date with Pacifica because she really, really likes you." He said the sentence swiftly.

"But I don't actually like her."  He paused.   "At all."

"She's really nice once you get to know her." He felt as though he's said this a million times, lately to himself as well.

"But I don't want to," he complained, sounding a bit like a child. Except his gaze was more intense than a child's.

"It's only one date," he argued. "And if you don't want to see her after that, she said that she will leave you alone."

Bill's expression was skeptic, turning itself over to a resentful huff in the end. "Alright."

Dipper was surprised he agreed that easily. "Thank you. It's really her parents that make her act like a rich snob."

"I'm only doing because you asked me to."

What do I have to do with it?   "Well be ready, the date is tomorrow at noon."

A hum was emitted in response. 

When a few moments of silence had passed, they both stood up.  The brunet quickly went out of the room to get a comforter for the other's bed.   Working together, they put the blanket over top of the sheets.

After agreeing that they were both hungry, they ate some Ramen.  The older had stated that it was amazing, which had earned a small laugh from the other.  

With their hunger satisfied, they decided to watch television together, going late into the night.

A/n Guys, I'm so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating!!  I was grounded and I still am.  I thankfully got enough free time on my chrome book at school to type this, so this chapter may be a bit rushed because of that.  I AM NOT ABANDONING MY STORY!!!!!  Please understand.  T-T    I love you guys.

~Author-chan